60 Series Retro Front End Kits for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am posting to see if anyone is interested in the 60 series retro kit for their 80 series cruiser. I am looking at importing 10 kits from Japan, I will be taking one, so 9 kits would be available. The kits include new fiberglass hood/bonnet, new glass fenders, glass 60 series style valance, grill, round headlamps, corner lights and all surrounds. The kit will not include the 60 series chrome bumper but they can be sourced for an additional cost if requested. I figured people will want to make their own bumper choice buy utilizing the stock one, a 60 series one or a winch style bumper. This kit will be of a high quality and made in Japan, grill and lights are not OEM Toyota but quality aftermarket items made with the same materials as the OEM grill, plastic not fiberglass. Pricing will be $3500 per kit plus shipping from the United States, or free pickup from two different locations, west coast and central Texas, and possible free delivery between the two places.

If I can get enough serious interest in the kits then I will move forward with my commitment to purchase 10 kits. PM me directly please. I know that these kits are not for everyone, some people love them and some hate them but if you are not interested I understand. The kits are not cheap and will require paint and assembly, I would also be willing to do the installations in my shop in Austin, Texas. Thank you for the interest.

Matt

Flex%2080-8.jpg

Flex%2080-9.jpg

Flex%2080-10.jpg

Flex%2080-6.jpg

Flex%2080-5.jpg

Flex%2080-4.jpg

Flex%2080-7.jpg

Last edited:
I've noticed Flex dream seems to have two different styles. One like you posted above with the hood lip and lip over the corner light. Are you bringing in kits like that, or like the other style where it follows more of the 80 series lines in a smoother way? Assuming these are even coming from Flexdream, but last I heard they need the vehicle to do the work.

IMG_5089.JPG

I'm not interested, however I will say yours are the nicest I've seen.

That lip on the hood, the cornermarker blend to the fender skin-work yours have, and the headlight surrounds are all nicer than the previous ones posted here.

When I look closely at the pic you posted it seems photoshoped, I do not know if it is real. However, I might be able to source both kits but will have to ask, the earlier versions of the kits utilized the stock 80 series hoods. I am looking to bring in the kits with the lip that goes around the hood and fenders, all new and made from fiberglass in Japan. Flex does not manufacture the kit, they contracted the kit out and only sold converted vehicles, I am indirectly in touch with the manufacture.

Which kit are you interested in?

I've noticed Flex dream seems to have two different styles. One like you posted above with the hood lip and lip over the corner light. Are you bringing in kits like that, or like the other style where it follows more of the 80 series lines in a smoother way? Assuming these are even coming from Flexdream, but last I heard they need the vehicle to do the work.

View attachment 1491652

I think they look the best as well and will be doing a conversion on my own 80 series. I do not manufacture the kits but appreciate your positive comments.

I'm not interested, however I will say yours are the nicest I've seen.

That lip on the hood, the cornermarker blend to the fender skin-work yours have, and the headlight surrounds are all nicer than the previous ones posted here.

I personally prefer the smoother design because the factory lines on the fenders are used along with the flares, but I wouldn't be interested in doing one on my current 80. Maybe someday in the future on another one. I don't think it is photoshop as I went through their website a couple years ago and kept seeing both styles.

I like them quite a bit, but that's a pricey adventure by the time you buy the kit, bumper, install and paint.

Looks good, well made. but I dig the 80s front end.

Cool, but too rich for my blood.

I have the 60 pieces to do my front end,(lights & grill) and will add sheetmetal as needed. It's cool to know the actual vehicles done by FLEX are out of fiberglass. Good luck with the sales. Will be cool to see some 60 series 80's running around in the states!

View attachment 1491652

Interesting, this has been discussed previously and I concur with what was said above, they wouldn't sell the kits alone and require the vehicle. Perhaps that has changed. Paint/install could double the overall cost too.

I'm not interested as I like the 80s looks. If I wanted to change the look, I'd go with the OEM OZ style headlights first since parts are much more readily available when/if a fender bender occurs. But kudos for you if you can get them here!

No need to get bent out of shape.

I think these are an abomination. Don't worry, I already know that not everyone likes my mods. I just don't care or get upset when they don't. And I'm not selling my mods either...

60s are way cooler, more attractive, more character, etc, etc, etc, than an 80 will ever be. 80 is more practical/convenient/modern. The point is to bring some of the 60 character to an 80. I totally get it. But I think most people who feel as strongly about the 60 series' awesomeness would probably just buy a 60 :eek:

60s are way cooler, more attractive, more character, etc, etc, etc, than an 80 will ever be. 80 is more practical/convenient/modern. The point is to bring some of the 60 character to an 80. I totally get it. But I think most people who feel as strongly about the 60 series' awesomeness would probably just buy a 60 :eek:

I think a 60 is a different kind of cool than an 80. I wouldn't say it is more cooler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom