Found her local for sale in SW Texas . Zero rot or rust . Was on a desert ranch since 2006 and None registered for road use . It had some 3rd world type hacked repairs done to it and horrible aftermarket wiring of accessories. Since we are a boarder town , and the mods I found . I’m thinking it spent some time south of the boarder at some point in its life .
Several things are different than the mid years and later fj60’s .
No name yet
Proud first-time LC owner! Fell in love with the 60 when my buddy got one and had to have my own. It was delivered yesterday from Colorado, and this one is pretty much completely stock. I have an OME suspension on the way to get a bit of lift and room for 33’s. I plan to just have fun with her, whether it’s Sunday driving, coyote hunting, or camping. Yes, she’s got some rust but for a completely original ‘84 I think she’s a beauty. I’ll worry about how it looks after I finish teaching my kids how to drive a stick
1. 1984 FJ60
2. E. Ray
5. Weber 38/38 carb, de-smogged, long tube header (Dawkins?), 31x10.5x15 Yokohama Geolandar AT, home built rear bumper, dents, rust, racoon crap...
6. Restoration project, weekend wheeler/ camping rig, backup DD.
Long way to go fixing it up, but it does run now at least.
1. 1990 FJ62 - Manual windows and door locks!
2. Danny D
3. Ellen (in honor of the 81 year old beautiful woman I got it from)
4. 88,593 (original!)
5. Aftermarket cruise control installed in 1998. Many more to come!
6. Semi-daily driver, camping, overland, trips to the beach (I can drive on), etc.
Purchased last Friday. Still waiting on shipping to come through, its crazy right now. I figured since the money has changed hands and I've got the title what's physical possession.
1. 1989 HJ61 VX 12HT Auto
2. Chad G
5. Currently suspension and body lift, Mickey Thompson 15" wheels, 35" MTs, some interior clean up, leather wrapped seats, MOMO steering wheel, etc. A lot to come: self designed wing gates and front winch bumper, RTT, self designed custom storage in back, Falken Wildpeak ATIIIs, intercooler, EGT, 3" straight pipe, snorkel, and I'm sure others
6. Part time daily driver, weekend foraging, extended camping, and fishing