60 build for Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

x2 on whats your line of work. are there any openings? i can sweep and make a rad cup of coffee.

OK, a couple of things. 1. What '70 Chevelle ? I went back and looked at all the pics. Am I blind ? 2. Love the shop, especially your own potty with the seat UP! 3. He is probably right now at Moab while the rest of us lameos are at work or have a poor excuse for not going. That rig is so cool I'm having a hard time finding words. Thanks for sharing your build with us. I hope we get a trip report.

That thing is incredible. Love the black and tan combo. You just built my dream 60, amazing work it looks great.

I couldn't get mine to look that good if I hit the freakin' lotto.

Stellar work, man. Don't think I've ever seen such a nice shop either.

I wish my projects could move as swiftly and cleanly as this write-up. This thread is a wonderful motivator. I would love to hook up my safari snorkle to my 5.3. Since you have made an air box and completed the connections on your truck, would you consider duplicating it for me? PM me with any useful insight, it would be greatly appreciated. x2 awaiting a performance report after Moab! -M.

Thank you all for your generous compliments!! I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

Back from Moab. It was great! Thanks to all the folks who worked so hard to make it happen. Area BFE was a great improvement.

We woke up to light snow the first morning

DSC_0004.jpg

This is the start of Cliff Hanger, and yes we have to go back up this way to get out. It was a great trail although a little scary at times.

DSC04793.jpg

The truck performed very well once I got the tire pressure down to 12 lbs. and figured out the sweet range of the transfer case is 3.8:1 not 10.4:1
The lowest range was great for controlling steep descents but 3.8 worked the best w/ the auto for crawling over these obstacles.
DSC04804.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC04793.jpg
DSC04804.jpg

Last edited:
Flexing a little

DSC_0049.jpg

This is why its called Cliff Hanger, some obstacles on the edge are a little scary. The edge of the cliff on that far point is our destination for lunch.

DSC_0041.jpg

Is there another way out of here? Do we really have to go back this way? LOL
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0049.jpg
DSC_0041.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg

This is the trail, the camera wasn't level if you straighten the pic its even scarier. :eek:
DSC_0070.jpg
Coming out was fun, we had an audience of bicyclist.
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0094.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0094.jpg

Dam-it boy!!!!!!!!

What can I say, nice truck.
110% no doubt.
thank you for sharing your build with us.
You have raised the bar for all TLC owners and then took it
out to GODS country and used it.
Just one question, you didnt scrach it did you?:popcorn:

Well, as one of the folks on the Cliff Hanger run I must admit that 60 kicked some serious butt. Very nice build.

that looks like a lot of fun! Glad the cruiser performed.

NICE !

Awesome build and test run!
Is there anything you would change or adjust after the trip?
Thanks for the eye candy.
J

OH MY GOSH!!! that is the most amazing cruiser i have ever had the pleasure of looking at

AMAZING job on that rebuild if i had half your skill i would open up a shop just rebuilding cruisers
i am in aww of your work:cheers:

dude rob,
x2 on opening up your own shop! awesome mods and mad skills, esp. knowing that you just started your build back in sept. 09! it seems that you really managed your time well, all in time for cliff hanger! :grinpimp:now, after seeing all the customizations that you did, what was the most difficult mod you designed/worked on?

here's to you and your az sunsets :beer:

jz

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate the kind words and enthusiasm from everybody!!

Awesome build and test run!
Is there anything you would change or adjust after the trip?
Thanks for the eye candy.
J

For now I would leave everything the way it is, i need to use it more to find the faults.
I do need to wire in my gps to an always hot circuit so I dont have to restart it every time I restart the engine.

I still have alot to do that I didnt get to do before Moab, but for now I need a break. Maybe I'll keep this thread going?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom