60 build for Moab (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

back up just 'cause how cool that cruiser is !!! !!

Man!!! If the board of directors of Toyota would see your rig, they wouldn't know how fast they had to restart the production of the 60! (maybe you should send them some pictures;))
Congrats. And nice pics of Moab. Scary though:frown:

Never saw this originally. Great build.

Thanks for your work!

When my 60 grows up, it want's to be like your 60.
Great job!

Thanks for all your comments, sorry for the delay I haven't been on here for a while. The truck is doing good a year later, just got back from Cruise Moab '11 and it did real well.
It won the award for "Sickest Rig" which really surprised and honored me especially given the company we were in. Lots of very cool Cruisers there. I will post up some pictures as soon as I get my computer back, its in for repairs. damn virus or something.
I did have to replace the 4 speed Atlas t-case because of the first design had some flaw in it. AA was really good about giving me a new style t-case, i just had to wait for them to finish designing and building it. Works very well now. I took out the Lowrance GPS and sold it, I'm still looking for the right GPS to put in it. This year I plan on buiding an internal roll cage and then having all the upholstery done inside. Also I want to build a roof rack and a larger fuel tank for it, maybe some drawers too...

Daniel didn't I mention that Cruiser to you? I saw that thread a year ago. That think is sick. Have you started anything yet? Could start tearing mine apart this week. Did you see the thread about Federal Law on swaps? That is what I was told by the Smog Nazi's down here. I hope there is no issues.

BTW: I love that Cruiser

matt

Are you in Wickenburg? What do you do for a living?

What a quality build!

No I'm in Morristown it's close to Wickenburg, I also live part time in Prescott AZ.
I own an Air conditioning and heating business, but I used to be a diesel mechanic and a welder. now it's just a hobby

It was great meeting you Rob, that is one heck of a 60 you have built. I'm glad you won that award, it's well deserved. I couldn't stop talking about your truck to my wife when we were on Porcupine Rim. Even she noticed it's abilities and mentioned that you didn't have to gas it on obstacles and how it crawls easily up anything you point it at. Excellent work! We'll be moving to Tucson for the second part of residency next summer. Hope to see you down there sometime.

Thanks Nick, it was great meeting you on the trail. We have a local Land Cruiser club that does a few runs in the Tucson area every winter I'll pm you next time we go.
To keep it tech here are some pics. from Moab

Photo op on Porcupine Rim
DSC00054.jpg

Tip Over Challenge on Hells Revenge
DSC00149.jpg

My wife driving on Kane Creek
DSC00163.jpg
DSC00054.jpg
DSC00149.jpg
DSC00163.jpg

Kane Creek and Hells Revenge are some of my favorite trails! nice flex btw! :D

I came back and looked at this thread again and still amazing...I subscribed back at day one...

Any lessons learned between the build and present date? Stuff that works and things that did not?

I was really digging the fan shroud setup on post #97 after I went back and looked at this thread once again. "Very cool" keeps coming to mind.

Have you gotten your A/C working and if so please post up details. I'm about to jump off with getting the A/C on my truck to work and hope to control the compressor via the toyota a/c amp. I'm running new Denso (GM compressor) and the rest will be toyota + custom hoses and looks like I'll have a small pusher fan on the drivers side front of the condensor.

One other question...what kind of engine temps are you seeing on the road and offroad (in the summer)? Assume something around 210F or so?

Have you gotten your A/C working and if so please post up details. I'm about to jump off with getting the A/C on my truck to work and hope to control the compressor via the toyota a/c amp. I'm running new Denso (GM compressor) and the rest will be toyota + custom hoses and looks like I'll have a small pusher fan on the drivers side front of the condensor.

One other question...what kind of engine temps are you seeing on the road and offroad (in the summer)? Assume something around 210F or so?

* Yes the A/C works. I used the stock a/c compressor circuit to energize the clutch but had to use an A/C amp from a diesel FJ60 to make it work. The gas a/c amp has to get a tach signal and my signal is the wrong one to make it work. Diesel a/c amp requires no tach signal. If I can recall correctly

* So far the temp has been in the normal range. I'm using the factory gauge and sender so i don't know the actual temp. One time when I had my HP tuners scanner hooked up it said 208* and the gauge was sitting about where it normally does.

I think I saw your rig on porquepine rim during CM11... I was on a bike :)

:edit: Actually, I believe that spot where you took the picture at Kane creek is exactly the obstacle where we decided we were outgunned and turned around :eek: It was my 60, a buddy in an Xterra and a buddy in a dodge ram monster truck

* Yes the A/C works. I used the stock a/c compressor circuit to energize the clutch but had to use an A/C amp from a diesel FJ60 to make it work. The gas a/c amp has to get a tach signal and my signal is the wrong one to make it work. Diesel a/c amp requires no tach signal. If I can recall correctly

* So far the temp has been in the normal range. I'm using the factory gauge and sender so i don't know the actual temp. One time when I had my HP tuners scanner hooked up it said 208* and the gauge was sitting about where it normally does.

ok thanks.. I'm going to try a suggested route on the compressor. I'm told that potentailly you feed the negative coil wire with the tach signal and you can control the A/C compressor that way. I'll know in a week or two. I agree too that from what I've hear that the diesel amp is suppose to work without the signal but I never got a good understanding of that. I know that the electronics on a diesel are different in some areas and obviously no coil or plug wires or distributor invovlved.

I realize that the tach signal on my V-8 is different than what the amp expects but we'll see, a firend said it worked for him.

I had a ron davis radiator on my truck for about 1.5 years...then the core cracked and that was the end of that. Appreciate the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom