60 build for Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Such a cool build. Your talent makes it look easy. Very matter of fact and zero comprimise well thought out build....to cool

I'm drooling over your rig more than my tacos I'm downing right now. Can't wait for more

Thanks guys, here's a few more pictures.

I finished all the welds and then we cleaned it up real good, stripped it all down again and painted it.

DSC04616.jpg

DSC04627.jpg

DSC04629.jpg
DSC04616.jpg
DSC04627.jpg
DSC04629.jpg

Last edited:
The Sliders got a couple coats of clear coat over the black paint mixed 75% matte to 25% gloss to match the powder coated 4-Plus bumpers. It took a few experiments to get it right buy it matches pretty good.

DSC04631.jpg

DSC04634.jpg
DSC04631.jpg
DSC04634.jpg

Put the shocks on. Looks funny w/ the small tires:lol:

DSC04639.jpg
DSC04641.jpg

Re-install the eng. and trans. Yeah! finally the final assembly. I can loctite everything down and not have to take it apart again... yeah right
DSC04657.jpg
DSC04639.jpg
DSC04641.jpg
DSC04657.jpg

The Transfer case goes in

DSC04662.jpg

Started on the exhaust

DSC04667.jpg

The drive shafts are early fj60 front shafts that were lengthened and long splined by JE Reel. The front and rear came out within an inch of length of each other so I had a third one made for a spare that will work on either end.

DSC04694.jpg
DSC04662.jpg
DSC04667.jpg
DSC04694.jpg

I'm going to insert a couple of questions but please don't stop posting pics to answer them;)

I'm going bonkers over this Atlas 4 speed. Any problems with it yet?

Also, what's you're comfortable cruising speed with the 4.11's and the tire's you went with?

Drool.

I'm going to insert a couple of questions but please don't stop posting pics to answer them;)

I'm going bonkers over this Atlas 4 speed. Any problems with it yet?

Also, what's you're comfortable cruising speed with the 4.11's and the tire's you went with?

The 4sp. Atlas Case is top notch IMO. I wanted super low ratios that could handle the horse power of the 6.0, thats what it does. Super quiet on the road, smooth shifting for the most part (main shifters are syncronized).
The only problem I've had is with the shifter linkages, if you look at the picture close you can see the pivots are cheesy pins and bushings w/ c-clips. One actually fell apart in my shop while moving the levers, I wasn't gonna take a chance w/ that happening on the trail. I have since changed the linkage to heim joints w/ grade 8 button head bolts to hold it together. It cost about $40 to upgrade- (its a no brainer if AA is reading this)

I've had it up to 80 mph, its real nice about 70-75, its seems to be geared about right, like a stock vehicle would be. I dont have a working tach yet so I can't give you any numbers. I figured a stock silverado w/ 31" tires and 3.73 is very close to 34" (actual dia.) w/ 4.11s.

I want an LQ9.... :frown:

Those are some mad skills!

Looking forward to checking it out next week.

I struggled w/ how to mount the fuel pump because on my fj40 the pump is noisy so I wanted to isolate it yet protect it. So I came up w/ this

DSC04710.jpg

Its a section of exhaust tube w/ a mounting bracket welded onto it and bolted under the rear bumpstop. I put some dense foam rollbar pad material in it and the Walbro pump slides in real tight.
Its almost silent, I'm not sure if thats because of the walbro pump (my other one is an aeromotive) or the mount or both. It can't come out unless the fuel lines come off. I also used the corvette style filter/regulator to reg. pressure and a pre filter before the pump.

In these pictures you can also see the new rear upper shock
mounting tube I made to fit the longer shocks. I left the old one in there for extra strength.:grinpimp:

DSC04711.jpg
DSC04712.jpg
DSC04710.jpg
DSC04711.jpg
DSC04712.jpg

looks pretty sick :)

Wow! Nice work, man!

:clap:

yeah very nice and the right color too.

Top notch !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back