60 build for Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The hard part is plating off the rockers. Using a cardboard template my neighbor made a nice sheetmetal peice and I tack welded for what seemed about a week.

DSC03271.jpg
DSC03272.jpg

Finally filled in all welds then all was ground smooth and awaiting a coat of bedliner

DSC03309.jpg
DSC03271.jpg
DSC03272.jpg
DSC03309.jpg

So I'm staring at your last pic (post # 18) which appears to be the rear of the vehicle, and I'm not quite sure I understand why the diff is pointed in that direction.
The plan is to use double cardan driveshafts front and rear. The diff is pointing at the t-case output flange. Is that what you mean?
EDIT Now I understand. Its an optical illusion.

Last edited:
Front fender cuts. Took out a wedge and welded back together and the matched the inner fender the same way.

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03367.jpg
DSC03297.jpg
DSC03296.jpg
DSC03367.jpg

I was originally going to take it to Linex to be sprayed but I decided to do it since that would be the only thing that we wouldn't do ourselves. My neighbor was a BIG help.
I found this product Raptor U-pol bedliner two part w/ hardener.
It comes w/ spray gun that you have to throw away when your done. It hardens on you in about 20 m,inutes.

DSC03434.jpg

You have to pull off the tape right away while it is wet. The end result was better than I had expected. Probably wouldn't be the best bedliner but was perfect for this pupose. Very hard and durable.
DSC03432.jpg
DSC03445.jpg
DSC03434.jpg
DSC03432.jpg
DSC03445.jpg

BEAUTIFUL WORK! Makes me wish I worked a little harder and was going to Cruise Moab to see this.

I second the NICE WELDS.

So I'm staring at your last pic (post # 18) which appears to be the rear of the vehicle, and I'm not quite sure I understand why the diff is pointed in that direction.

It is facing forward. The crossmember for the trac bar makes it appear to be the rear.

Honestly, the fab work is amazing, seriously well thought out and the welding is excellent. I follow along with excitement.

Rarely venture over from the 40 section, glad I did! This is a sick 60. Good work. Your 40 ain't bad either :D

Must.....stop......coveting.......cruiser.....aaaggghhh I can't help it!

What basic fab equipment did it take to do all this?

You mentioned you don't have all the gadget's and obviously you're able to turn out a first rate project.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please share what you gear you used in the shop?

:eek::popcorn:

Must.....stop......coveting.......cruiser.....aaaggghhh I can't help it!

What basic fab equipment did it take to do all this?

You mentioned you don't have all the gadget's and obviously you're able to turn out a first rate project.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please share what you gear you used in the shop?

Other than obvious hand tools, grinders etc. I have plasma cutter, a tig and a wire welder, JMR tube bender, notcher, horizontal band saw, over head hoist, press, drill press, large stationary belt/disc sander, blasting cabinet, fridge full of beer and a bunch of other stuff i've been collecting over the years:grinpimp:

I was a diesel Mechanic for about ten years, before that was a welder in a truck shop. Now its just a hobby, I've found an better way to make a living since then.

I really have to thank this website and all the guys posting up their projects, thats where I get all my ideas and motivation!!

Last edited:
I was originally going to take it to Linex to be sprayed but I decided to do it since that would be the only thing that we wouldn't do ourselves. My neighbor was a BIG help.
I found this product Raptor U-pol bedliner two part w/ hardener.
It comes w/ spray gun that you have to throw away when your done. It hardens on you in about 20 m,inutes.

View attachment 414102

You have to pull off the tape right away while it is wet. The end result was better than I had expected. Probably wouldn't be the best bedliner but was perfect for this pupose. Very hard and durable.
View attachment 414103
View attachment 414104

SWEEET..... :grinpimp:
:cheers:

WOW!! :eek:

I'm speechless!!!

Keep up the GREAT work! :cheers:

Blistering ballsacks batman!!!!!:eek:

you have the skills mate..amazing work.:cheers:

And that sunset pic is awesome-awesome i say:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back