Repro Toyota sticker for FJ40 rear sill - Now bulk sales only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oregon fj

Serial rescuer of old vehicles
Threads
Now that the last of the 6th batch is gone, I am quitting the retail sticker business. I've got too many other things going on to spend time packing and mailing these one or two at a time. So as of now, I will only do bulk sales, in multiples of 15 (15, 30, 45, etc.) shipped to a single address.

If someone wants to take on the individual sales part and is willing to start with at least 15 stickers, contact me for bulk pricing.

==========================================

Thinking ahead to painting my ‘64 FJ40 FST, I have been looking at various bits that I will need/want to replace when I put it back together. And one of those items is the Toyota sticker on the rear sill that was used for a few years starting with the ‘64 model year.

later5-jpg.1650821

After a bit of research and comparison, I decided that the available reproduction stickers are not accurate enough to make me happy, and I decided to commission something better. (See the development thread Here.)

My new stickers are now in hand, and are improvements over others in the following ways:

Other repros are quite a bit smaller overall than the original. (See picture of the red truck below.) They are over 1/2" too short in length, and 5/16" too short in height. They would look a touch small on a freshly painted tub, and would not cover the original sticker area on a tub where you were replacing an original without paint.

My new repro measures 191 x 43 mm, which size was determined by careful examination of 2 different original stickers (or the remains thereof).

The letters on others are even smaller yet, and have too much black padding proportionally, especially at top and bottom.

Letters and black space around the edges were carefully measured and tweaked over 8 iterations to match the original as closely as possible.

Last, and perhaps most important, the letters on the originals were reflective, and the other repros I found available are just plain white.

And my new repro is black background printed on a reflective white material, as original!

img_1329-jpg.1791605

It was not cost effective to make just the one sticker that I need, so I had a small batch made and am offering them for sale now. (Mud members who indicated interest in the development thread will be contacted via PM shortly.) If demand exceeds supply, I can make more.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Still 7 pending, 7 available.

Based on interest at this point, I can't see that I'll want to go out on the limb again for another batch. So these remaining are probably it, when they are gone, it'll be over.

Quick FYI -- Demand for these has has been about half of what was expressed in the development thread. Therefore, there probably will NOT be a second run, I am still in the red on this first batch.

If any are still interested, order while they are still available.

Re: Pending orders - returning 1 to the "available" pile since I've heard nothing from that person in almost 3 weeks.

So currently, the tally is 7 pending (for now), 5 available.

Last edited:
Quick FYI -- Demand for these has has been about half of what was expressed in the development thread. Therefore, there will NOT be a second run, I am still in the red on this first batch.

If any are still interested, order while they are still available.

Re: Pending orders - returning 1 to the "available" pile since I've heard nothing from that person in almost 3 weeks.

So currently, the tally is 7 pending (for now), 5 available.
Hey, I've been slacking. I'll take 2. Send me PM with PP info. Or hit me via pP. fj45fj40@gmail.com
Thanks for doing this. Mike

OK, late flurry of activity on these today.

As of today, I have 7 pending to a single person, and all the rest are sold. I'm having a bit of trouble touching bases with the person who wants those 7, will consider moving on if I can't get in touch soon.

If others want to get in line in case the pending stickers become available, please post here.

Once these are sold out, a second run of 15 would require pretty firm orders for about half, so say 7 or 8. I may need to get advance payment for that many before proceeding.

Last edited:
Haven't heard from the pending sale of the last 7 for over 2 weeks, putting these back into circulation. So there are still a few left available. Ping me if interested.

These are Great Restoration grade Decals @ a Great price !
That was my intent, to make the most accurate repros I could. I think they are pretty darn good, I'm pleased with how they turned out.

The final pair are now pending...

Last edited:
All sold now, thanks Mud.

Will be working on a plan that would allow another small run, will post when I have the details worked out.

Here is my plan for doing a second run. I really don't want to front a bunch of money this time. So I'm thinking about a smaller run, and would need some of them pre-ordered and paid for in advance.

For this purpose, I will use PayPal via invoices. This gives several benefits to both me as the seller (easier tracking, and simple refunds if we don't get enough to justify the run), and better protection for buyers in case I don't follow through.

I'm thinking let's give it 5 weeks, through the end of June. If I can get at least 8 pre-paid orders by the end of June, I'll do another batch. If the end of June comes without the required 8, I'll refund all payments.

So if this works for you, and you would like to get one or more of these, send me a PM with your email and the number of stickers you want, and I'll send you an invoice to pay. Only paid invoices count toward the 8 needed.

Cancel the above. There does not appear to be any additional interest in more of these, so I am going to call it a day. No additional orders accepted.

There has been some renewed interest in these, and I only need a few more stickers ordered to have a second small batch made.

Small price change. Prices would be $25 per sticker, plus max $4 shipping for any number of stickers. Most orders can be mailed for $1.

If we can get to the threshold, I will use PayPal via invoices. This gives several benefits to both me as the seller (easier tracking, and simple refunds if we don't get enough to justify the run), and better protection for buyers in case I don't follow through.

So if this works for you, and you would like to get one or more of these, send me a PM with your email and the number of stickers you want, and I'll send you an invoice to pay.

Need one more order to move forward with the second batch. If this happens, there will be a few beyond the preorder available fo sale as well.

Demand for these is spotty. Took some time to sell the original batch, and still one short of the minimum for another batch. This will probably be the last opportunity to get one of these. If you are interested, now is the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom