55 radiator in central TX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
Threads
does anyone have an old radiator they are not using. Need one for a mock up on a transplant I’m doing on a 73 FJ55? Would be glad to buy it if needed. Thanks. Jim

I have one, but I'm guessing Albuquerque is too far away. If you want to pay the shipping, I'll throw it in a box for you and send it your way.
Man I appreciate that. Will see if I get any local hits first. thank you again. Jim

hi, i got one up here in AR that came from a '78 that has a hole in the front & I cannot use as it will not fit my '79. i can also ship or if you know anyone heading this way, i can meet.

best, ty
:beer:

I have a skinny radiator as it came with AC & they're hard to find so I'd be up for a spare is there's one out there.
Thanks, ty

so was mine, Almost positive it is still on the shelf, might even have the shroud also.

so was mine, Almost positive it is still on the shelf, might even have the shroud also.
So when y’all say skinny, what’s the thickness of these radiators? I have 40, 60 & 61 radiators and they are all 3+ (including the frames). I’m struggling for space and have about 4” between the fan and the core support. If there’s one out there less than 3” I’d be interested in it. Thanks. Jim.

So when y’all say skinny, what’s the thickness of these radiators? I have 40, 60 & 61 radiators and they are all 3+ (including the frames). I’m struggling for space and have about 4” between the fan and the core support. If there’s one out there less than 3” I’d be interested in it. Thanks. Jim.

I'll try and remember to get measurements when I get home tonight.
the 79 a/c rad, not sure if non a/c are the same, is a different beast all together, IIRCC it is wider than regular 55 rads and thinner. it is unigue to the 79 only. so kinda rare as there weren't many 79's in the states

kinda hi jacked your post.

I'll try and remember to get measurements when I get home tonight.
the 79 a/c rad, not sure if non a/c are the same, is a different beast all together, IIRCC it is wider than regular 55 rads and thinner. it is unigue to the 79 only. so kinda rare as there weren't many 79's in the states

kinda hi jacked your post.
No problem with the highjacking. If the 79 provides the clearance needed, then I’ll start looking for one. Are aftermarket ones (with the same deminsions) available?

here's a link to a for sale I had last year. I'll get measurements soon

For Sale - rare? 79 radiator and shroud.....MT

the 79 rad is aprox 1 1/4" wider
height is the same
from front to back on the bolt flange on the sides of the rad are aprox 7/8" closer together than an earlier 55 rad

early and this 79 are both 3 core rads.

I think all 79 rads were like this, no difference if it had a/c or not.

Last edited:
here's a link to a for sale I had last year. I'll get measurements soon

For Sale - rare? 79 radiator and shroud.....MT

the 79 rad is aprox 1 1/4" wider
height is the same
from front to back on the bolt flange on the sides of the rad are aprox 7/8" closer together than an earlier 55 rad

early and this 79 are both 3 core rads.

I think all 79 rads were like this, no difference if it had a/c or not.
Really appreciate your information and the measurements. Since I don’t have a 55 radiator here could you tell me what the thickness would be on a standard one? Looks like the 79 version is almost an inch thinner which would be great. I assume it’s closer to 3” similar to a 40 radiator. Thanks again. Jimmy

hi, here're the dimensions I took from mine when I pulled it a few years ago to get the ever present leak fixed.
best, ty

79Radb.jpg

hi, here're the dimensions I took from mine when I pulled it a few years ago to get the ever present leak fixed.
best, ty

View attachment 1856290
Ty, is this from a 79? I assume so based on being 2” thick. Thanks again for posing up the pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom