4xsteve's move to the PNW (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad it turned out alright Steve...when is your ETA to the base?

...via IH8MUD app

ETA to base is tomorrow evening. Just shooting for Portland tonight, then it's only about 200 miles to "the finish line".

IH8MUD on Android

Last edited:
Wish I coulda gotten some pics of the multitude of waterfalls right off the highway over the last 20 miles just east of Portland. The melting snow combined with the rain is making for some massive flows. Feels like I'm in a National Park.

IH8MUD on Android

Seattle Space Needle at night.....

IH8MUD on Android

I just got parked at my new shop. The road trip is officially over as of 0545 PST.

Grand total from Memphis was 2581 miles. I've been counting from Atlanta though, so add 450 for a total of 3031 miles "from home". Add another 40 or so from John's shop????..... nah, I guess not. Haha

IH8MUD on Android

I'll try to get pics once the sun is up - if it even shows up at all today! Why didn't somebody tell me it was going to rain here!?

Glad to hear u made it safe Steve !

Sent from my iPhone back on the road.

Might as well replace the fuel line that's leaking while it's on the lift. :)

ForumRunner_20140306_134239.jpg

ForumRunner_20140306_134342.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140306_134239.jpg

ForumRunner_20140306_134342.jpg

And here's the front of the shop. Won't be moving in til at least tomorrow some time though.

ForumRunner_20140306_134553.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140306_134553.jpg

I have Serious Shop Envy!!!!!

Very Nice. So as long as it has a bathroom and a kitchenette then you are set. Who needs a house with a shop like that. Agreed serious shop envy. And 16' Doors, daaaayyyyuuuummmmm....

Vehicles got unloaded today - a whole day earlier than expected. It all went well, but it did take all day like I figured it would. Sooo tired now. I want so bad to go ahead and find some fresh seafood, but I think relaxation and a good deep-cleaning is more important right now.

Next door is a metal fabrication shop that does everything - Mig, Tig, Steel, Aluminum, Bending, Cutting, and on and on - Washington Iron Works. One of the employees came over after work cause he saw me unloading the VW and wanted to talk to me about it. He told me about a custom VW shop just around the corner and a high-end machine shop about 20 minutes up the island that specializes in VW/Audi. The local 4x4 shop is also just a stone's throw, a tire shop is close enough I could probably communicate by yelling, two local restaurants that brew their own, awesome fishing "just up under the bridge", fresh powder snowboarding less than 2 hours away, Randy's Ring & Pinion and REI's main store in Seattle.... All of this and the entrance to the base is less than 1/4 mile away. I've been here less than 24 hours and I already think I might not want to leave. The rain matters not!

Well that's what the boggers are for right?!?!? Enjoy it. Would like to have had the chance to "visit" the left coast for a while. All the good wheeling is over there. Super jealous. Moab, rubicon, fordyce, pnw wheeling like browns camp etc. I think you'll be using that winch or sure. Time for a 3rz or similar swap to get some hp turning them boggers!

That sounds like you couldn't have landed in a better spot. Also, glad you made it safely and with only minor incident.

Look forward to seeing all the beautiful scenery.

I will have to come check it out for sure!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom