4xsteve's move to the PNW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve, I have the utmost respect and appreciation for you and will miss you being around. Don't know anyone else who would "blow" his front diff trying to show Erin the art of the bump and be soo very cool about it.

Considering the price of the winch and that it's geared as a high-speed, I'm extremely pleased that it has held up to all my abuse. I'm thinking about becoming a distributor actually.

IH8MUD on Android

And if this does in fact happen, make sure to let us know. I'd be interested. I did a little research on them when we talked.

I am lookming forward to seeing how the cross country goes. Be safe bud.

Thanks for the appreciation guys.

Ted convinced me to set up the GoPro so I've been snapping HD pics all afternoon on that so there will [eventually] be some great pics to see.

Also, I'm officially a Westerner now; just crossed the continental divide about 20 minutes ago. That also means that Rangely ORV, 21 Road, Billings Canyon and Bangs Canyon are almost directly south of me in Colorado, and soon after, Moab! Soooo close...

IH8MUD on Android

1500 miles down, ~1000 to go. Just finished telling John that I was a little past half way; I guess that's a little better than "a little".

IH8MUD on Android

Hey Steve I made it to my destination. I, Made It!!!! Hung my Helmet up Friday@ 7pm.....No more cleaning up the messes of Society...I'm Free, Free, Freeeeeeeeee.:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:
GO DOG GO!!!!​

Blue heeler mad max.jpg

Retirement Feb 28,2014.jpg

Nice milestone Hendog! Congratulations. Now come wheel with me out here.

IH8MUD on Android

This is such a great backdrop......

ForumRunner_20140302_160842.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140302_160842.jpg

.......For this:

ForumRunner_20140302_161020.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20140302_161020.jpg

Now I can be like my Buddy Steve and Wheel Wheel WheeeeeeeL!!!!!:steer::steer::steer:

2012-07-28_13-13-43_482.jpg

2012-07-28_19-22-20_71.jpg

2012-07-29_14-44-52_178.jpg

1310693616709.jpg

No indicators while driving, just pulled over to stretch and made my normal rounds checking tire and hub temps and discovered 6 of 10 lug nuts loose on one wheel. This includes one known bad stud and a newly broken one. Of course I did the smart thing and checked all the rest very closely, and discovered two broken studs on a hub on the other side. Nothing I can do about broken studs but torque the rest down evenly and hope for the best. I don't expect any issues from it, but it has certainly now been added to the checklist from now on.

I'm so glad I have the tools and ability to fix stuff myself! Not quite sure, but this probably took me about an hour or just over, but it was sunny and the winds were mostly light the whole time making it quite pleasant outside. A lot of rain clouds all around and few drops of rain at one point that gave me a scare, but it wasn't til 10 minutes after I cleaned up the tools that a very short, but "real", shower passed through. For anyone who's sent up prayers for me and my journey, they came in handy today! God smiled on me today - thanks.

IH8MUD on Android

K5 Blazer with hardtop removed. I bet that rear 10-bolt just loves this.

IMG_20140302_170054.jpg

IH8MUD on Android

IMG_20140302_170054.jpg

Congrats Hendog !!!! See ya on the trail!

Steve you get there safe now! Good luck and be safe out there !!

Sent from my iPhone back on the road.

Stuck in Ontario Oregon with trailer axle issues. Loose bearings, broken studs, two bald tires and possibly bent tubes. Probably here overnight with the other few thousand travelers that are stuck due to the highway closure.

IH8MUD on Android

Good luck out west, nothing like truck problems to get you motivated.

Trailer is being worked on as of about 30 minutes ago. Let's hope that the bearings are all good enough to just be snugged up and finish the trip.

Trailer is being worked on as of about 30 minutes ago. Let's hope that the bearings are all good enough to just be snugged up and finish the trip.

Good luck. I hope you get it all worked out and make it to your destination safe.

Sent from my iPhone back on the road.

Bearings are all good and have been snugged up. Tire has been changed and test-fit (it was a different size). Studs are all replaced and everything is going back together now. Probably back on the road before quittin time.

Now to see how far I can get tonight before having to sleep again. Hopefully I can make it through Portland tonight so at least I can avoid traffic there in the morning.

IH8MUD on Android

Hittin the highway again.

About $800 in parts and labor including the tire. Would've been at least quadruple that amount if this had to have been done on the side of the road or had to be towed in somewhere. God only knows how much it would've cost had I not caught it at all and catastrophic failure occurred causing.... well I don't even want to imagine that scenario.

IH8MUD on Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom