4xOverlandUSA/Redline Land Cruisers Southwest Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Threads
This is also posted in the Trails/Event section but I know not everyone goes there regularly.

Hi everyone, I'm helping to put a small "event" together with 4xOverlandusa.com (this is the new US branch of 4xOverland Australia which is run by Darren McRae @AutoCraft Aus ) and Redlne Land Cruisers @RLMS .

We're planning a 4 day "overland" style adventure in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona during the dates of April 30 - May 3. These are the days prior to Cruise Moab and since we're all going to Cruise Moab as well we are planning to arrive in Moab early afternoon on Wednesday in time for Cruise Moab Registration and Tech Inspection.

As I said, this is a small limited vehicle trip and we have 5 open spots that we'd like to make available. If you are interested in participating, please PM me. I'm happy to have any further discussion here to answer questions. We will need firm commitments from those wanting to participate soon.

As you may be aware, 4xOverland/Autocraft is the manufacturer of the Slinky Long Travel Suspension Systems and Redline Land Cruisers is the US Distributor for them. So this trip currently involves a handful of trucks with the Slinky suspension and the trip is geared around more testing and demonstration of the suspension. So if you have a Slinky setup on your truck or are thinking about getting it, this could be a great trip for you, but the Slinky stuff isn't a requirement. Have a chance to ask questions directly to Darren and Justin about the suspension.

Dates: April 30 - May 3 2017

Here's what we're looking for:
80/100/200 Series Land Cruisers
FJCruisers/GX460-470

Vehicles should be in excellent mechanical condition with proper safety equipment and frame mounted recovery points front and rear.

Fuel range of 250 miles minimum

CB or HAM radio

Participants need to plan to be self-sufficient for the 4 days, 3 nights of travel. This includes camping and associated gear, food, water and fuel. There will be planned fuel stops along the route, but vehicles need to have a range of 250 miles.

This is an Overland style trip that will be mostly mild-moderate offroad travel with a goal of traveling as much of the route as possible on dirt roads.

The general route is will start in St George Utah and travel to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and east toward the Lake Powell area and finally ending in Moab. Route details could change based on conditions or time constraints. Participants should plan to be in St.George, Utah ready to leave at 9am on Sunday April 30. Meeting location to be announced later. We will arrive in Moab by early afternoon on Wednesday May, 3 in time for Cruise Moab Registration Check-in and Tech inspection for anyone who is also going to Cruise Moab.

If you can commit to participating, please PM me the following info:

Name:
MUD Username:
Email:
Phone:
Vehicle Model:
Significant Vehicle Mods:
Shirt Size:
Number of people traveling with you:
Do you currently have Slinky Suspension?:
Are you considering Slinky Suspension?:

Last edited:
wont be ready.... :(

Sounds like a great trip Adam. I'm jealous. :)

Won't be ready for this year, but if you are planning one for next year please consider me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom