4x4 Labs GX bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I stopped by at 4x4 labs after picking up my 100 at Dissent Bumpers.
Ben installed his sought after bumper, my snorkel and also sliders. Luke said that he already has a rear bumper for the GX that will start production so curios how it looked like. Well after going to his shop, I ended up buying a rear bumper available for a 100 that a customer just cancelled. So no waiting for months to have one built. Luke installed it too with all the options. Here is the GX bumper
20170321_144045.jpg

20170321_191329.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

Last edited:
I love the nice clean look, and no hoops! Did the GX front bumper require any cutting?

Thanks, need to keep an eye on this

I love the nice clean look, and no hoops! Did the GX front bumper require any cutting?
4x4 labs does not have a front bumper for the GX yet but in the works per Luke. He has 6 orders for the rear so he was making them and it will also come with the tire carrier, ladder, gas cans and other options.There was a white GX at his shop being test fitted

4x4 labs does not have a front bumper for the GX yet but in the works per Luke. He has 6 orders for the rear so he was making them and it will also come with the tire carrier, ladder, gas cans and other options.There was a white GX at his shop being test fitted
Any mention of pricing for the GX rear bumper?

Luke told me it will be similar in pricing like the 100 which is $2400 which includes the powder coating, dual swingout with a tire carrier and a ladder . Options can be either gas cans, cooler, ladder or bike racks. The options are priced in his website. I paid $2400 plus $395 for the triple gas cans so $2795. he gave me a 10% discount plus only 2 hours of labor even though it took them 4 hours to install it. He even let me do my work in his office while waiting there for 4 hours. I am a satisfied customer plus I get to see some custom Toyotas that he is working on

Any mention of pricing for the GX rear bumper?

I know on the 80 Series you were required to cut the rear cross member is that the case for your 100 series and wonder about the GX.
I always thought their 80 Series rear bumper was the best of all the bumpers. And thinking about future trailer plans a dual swing out would probably allow me to get into the back while hooked up? It would be an acrobatic stunt but probably doable.

Any update on the 4x4labs gx rear bumper? Sent Luke an email but no response.

I called Luke 3 weeks ago since I never got a response with my email and he said the rear bumper for the gx is not completed yet. I also asked him about building a hitch mounted spare tire carrier for my trailer and he said that is really easy to do. I emailed him then on when I can bring my truck to his shop and never got a response. I went ahead and just ordered a Wilco tire carrier

Today I stopped by at 4x4 labs after picking up my 100 at Dissent Bumpers.
Ben installed his sought after bumper, my snorkel and also sliders. Luke said that he already has a rear bumper for the GX that will start production so curios how it looked like. Well after going to his shop, I ended up buying a rear bumper available for a 100 that a customer just cancelled. So no waiting for months to have one built. Luke installed it too with all the options. Here is the GX bumperView attachment 1425713

View attachment 1425718

View attachment 1425721
I know this is an old thread but how did you build the stop in the middle of the bumper. I've built a bumper but the stop is pushing hard against the cladding on the tailgate when the tailgate is lowered. I am now looking for other options.

I know this is an old thread but how did you build the stop in the middle of the bumper. I've built a bumper but the stop is pushing hard against the cladding on the tailgate when the tailgate is lowered. I am now looking for other options.
I just bought my bumper and did not build it so can not answer your question

Got my 4x4Labs basic rear bumper with no swing arms. Hoping to install sooner rather than later. Will post some pics when it happens.

I called Luke 3 weeks ago since I never got a response with my email and he said the rear bumper for the gx is not completed yet. I also asked him about building a hitch mounted spare tire carrier for my trailer and he said that is really easy to do. I emailed him then on when I can bring my truck to his shop and never got a response. I went ahead and just ordered a Wilco tire carrier
Sounds typical for the GX fabricators.

It was a bastard but she’s on.

2AC8F1A3-07FC-49C7-8D9C-D3492A43E4C7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom