Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interested in what you tried that combination on? Seems like at that point Crawl is basically just a cruise control since there is no wheel spin to control. I'm looking forward to testing out the lockers at HITR... couple of spots where it may just be needed. Will be able to try a couple of combinations to see what works best where. Going to be a blast!
thats it exactly - cruiser control and slow at that - not a bad thing though - tractor style

I didn’t get into anything to hairy - just wanted to run thru functional tests. Triple locked/Crawl was very slow/torquey/cruise control like. At that point ATRAC and Crawl are pretty much disabled. The one combo I did not try was Crawl with only rear lockers on - will do that in Moab.

That is the combo that I think has some good application. Where you don't need to be fully locked or where you have to make some turns and don't want to bind up the front end, but keep traction maxed out. I'll definitely be giving that combo a try.

Cody, I'm out. Just removed myself from the list but wanted to make sure you saw it. Need to be in the PNW most of the summer and that is going to start before LCDC. Maybe next year. I will miss seeing everyone. I am sure the event will be awesome.

Cody, I'm out. Just removed myself from the list but wanted to make sure you saw it. Need to be in the PNW most of the summer and that is going to start before LCDC. Maybe next year. I will miss seeing everyone. I am sure the event will be awesome.
Sorry to hear you can’t make it. Definitely next year.

I'm not going to make it on the trip, but wanted to share this... I've been floating around Colorado since the 3rd and today we went from Salida down to Durango, then up to Silverton, and were on our way to Ouray to spend the night when about 11 miles from Ouray a mudslide from the downpour that came today hit my uncle's Highlander. Smashed their windows and it was enough mud to get to their roof. Somehow, they were able to punch their way out of it and make it to Ouray. From what they said, the car is probably totalled and they can't believe it made it to Ouray. I was far enough behind that I arrived to see the road completely blocked by mud and a huge boulder the size of a Jeep. I had to turn around and I'm staying the night in Durango. I spoke to CSP and they said there were multiple mudslides on HWY 550 near Ouray and multiple south of Telluride near Rico. We were planning to do Imogene from Ouray to Telluride in the morning, but I think everyone is too shaken up to go now, especially with the risks now that there have been multiple slides in the area, who knows what the ground will be like.

Anyways, just wanted to pass that along. Be safe, folks.

I'm not going to make it on the trip, but wanted to share this... I've been floating around Colorado since the 3rd and today we went from Salida down to Durango, then up to Silverton, and were on our way to Ouray to spend the night when about 11 miles from Ouray a mudslide from the downpour that came today hit my uncle's Highlander. Smashed their windows and it was enough mud to get to their roof. Somehow, they were able to punch their way out of it and make it to Ouray. From what they said, the car is probably totalled and they can't believe it made it to Ouray. I was far enough behind that I arrived to see the road completely blocked by mud and a huge boulder the size of a Jeep. I had to turn around and I'm staying the night in Durango. I spoke to CSP and they said there were multiple mudslides on HWY 550 near Ouray and multiple south of Telluride near Rico. We were planning to do Imogene from Ouray to Telluride in the morning, but I think everyone is too shaken up to go now, especially with the risks now that there have been multiple slides in the area, who knows what the ground will be like.

Anyways, just wanted to pass that along. Be safe, folks.

Wowowow!

So glad everyone survived!!!
That is DEADLY serious stuff.

Thankful you’re all ok.

Videos in the comments on Ouray PD Facebook: Ouray Police Department

Uncle started filming the hail when rocks started falling off the mountain on them but they're crying and stuff so I'll share it later after removing the sound. It's amazing they didn't get pushed down the mountain.

I'm assuming they'll have the road between Ouray and Silverton open within the next 2 weeks but for the moment it's apparently closed

Mudslides Close Red Mountain Pass Near Ouray

Along with Engineer Pass, where another mudslide needs clean-up.

Even with this closure, which I would assume will be cleaned up in a tidy fashion assuming no structural damage to the roadway, would it be possible to access the Black Bear trailhead using Ophir Pass to 550? That seems to keep you south of the closure, no?

EDIT: Red Mountain Pass has been re-opened; currently operating one lane only with an alternating traffic signal.

Last edited:
It’s one lane closure now. Colorado DOT at work. Saw this FJ Summit FB Page.

C6D6CD80-C094-41BA-813C-7BCAE4DF4E45.jpeg

I am looking forward to hearing the trail reports from the 100s in the Hills and FJ Summit crew. I think the 100s event is this weekend.

I agree. Hope they all have a safe time on the trails with no hiccups

I have a limited number of stickers for this year's event. They are a 6" x 6" sheet with four individually die-cut stickers. The main "Rado" version is the largest at 3-1/2" diameter. $5 a sheet. When they're gone, they're gone. Also have 12 of the original patches available, they will be first-come, first-served, and won't be reissued. $10 each.

My 200 has some vintage Stewart stripes on the rear quarter so I shouldn't be hard to track down while we're out there ;)

IMG_3225.jpg

I have a limited number of stickers for this year's event. They are a 6" x 6" sheet with four individually die-cut stickers. The main "Rado" version is the largest at 3-1/2" diameter. $5 a sheet. When they're gone, they're gone. Also have 12 of the original patches available, they will be first-come, first-served, and won't be reissued. $10 each.

My 200 has some vintage Stewart stripes on the rear quarter so I shouldn't be hard to track down while we're out there ;)

View attachment 1741600

I bid $10/sticker sheet. :hillbilly:

Those look amazing, Matt!

Are you bringing your fiancé this go round?

]
Are you bringing your fiancé this go round?

Yes, she's in for round two, but we're doing our own trip through Monument Valley, Cathedral Valley and Valley of the Gods on our way up to CO.

For the guys doing the pre-funk: I have a front CV (torn boot), should I pack that sucker away, just in case someone needs it...

Newest updates:

@sleeoffroad Saturday night dinner has been finalized. Check out the website for complete details.

Trail etiquette and being responsible at the event. Due to fires and mud slides resources are limited at USFS. Take care of the trails and keep it beautiful.

Groups will be limited to 10 200s max. No exceptions.

We are adding a 4th trail group to each day to help spread out the group size and a 5th group on Friday. Check out the site for updated group info.

View attachment 1741600

Count me in for the sticker sheet!

Me too

count me in for a sticker sheet also, awesome job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom