3FE Owners Check-In (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got a '91. It is completely stock for now. I gotta rebuild the brakes real soon, and standard tuning on the 3FE. I am looking forward to tuning and modifying this rig. So far I removed the running boards, and reciever/tow hitch.

1991 with 159,000, ARB non winch bullbar with HELLA 5000's (?) and some cheapo fog lights, 31x10.5 TOYO ATs, Thule Playpen with 2 extensions (painted black) with 4x cross bars (8 feet), Tail light guards, K&N air filter
DSCF0119-1.jpg
DSCF0124.jpg
IMG_1500.jpg

Last edited:
Chesapeake Va here 91 FJ80 w/ 202,000.
ABR Front bumper w/m10000 winch
3in lift
Working on the cruise control VSS now and trying to squeeze a couple of extra miles out to the tank. So I very interested in the de-smog and the custom exhaust from those of you that have already done them.

'92 with 165K+/-. Most in my sig line. Custom rear tire swing out. Cut 6" off rear frame. Custom rear sliders after trimming cancer/rear quater panels. 2-1/4 exhaust (done very cheap, looks very cheap), Exteme A440F tranny, adjusted AFM(by feel). I guess that is all for now..

See sig line: plus homebrewed storage box / sleeping area in back. Soon to get 4.88's and currently chasing a heater gremlin. Planning on trying to make a rear bumper as soon as I get time.
I love this thing!

91 w/ 291k on the clock, ome hd front and rear, 35in bfg mts , slee internal tire carrier , pioneer double din with navi, flareless mod in the works ( tree started it earlier than i had planned )

soon to come : sliders , bigger tires , rims with some backspacing so i feel more stable

'91 fj80 with 318,xxx on the clock. CDL, CB and totally stock. The 3fe is amazing...I am still towing at this mileage. This will be a crawler in the future. 4bt swap, slee 6", 37's, etc. I'll post a pic soon.

3FE Powa!

I'm in Mongolia right now and every other car is a LandCruiser. Every other landcruiser is lifted with a bull bar, snorkel, light, rack and everything. I just got here but I'll start a thread will some pics soon. THEY ARE PUTTING US TO SHAME.

Steve Schafer
Soddy Daisy, TN
schafer.steve at gmail.com

Cats removed by PO. Will need to replace before August when I have to pass emissions. Exhaust mounts broken from to much :steer: (muffler was the low hanging fruit), so will probably end up replacing everything from the header back.

Sig line tell the rest.

Two 1991's. First one had 211K when I rolled it. Bought it back from Insur. co. Bought the second with a hole in the block at the #5 cylinder on drivers side, 235K.

Swapped the motor, trans, transfer over to the new to me roller.
I can't think of anything I haven't messed with one the two combined, except the sunroof. The rolled one worked, and the one I drive now doesn't have one. When I get around to parting out, I will have played with everything I guess. Both are/were stock except things like the water pump, etc...

The top end of the blown motor is going to my brother, who when done, will have a 2FE for his 60.

Another bro has a 62, but I usually drink beer and watch him wrench on it.

1991, 165K miles, purchased about 5 years ago. Valves adjusted, Air intake replaced, Battery, K & N, removed Bling sidesteps, new JVC Head unit, Replaced thermostat this weekend, and I finally have HEAT. More to come in the future hopefully.

Sorry, could not get the edit to work.91 white- 107K. stock. Have had it only a few months and love it. Laguna Beach ,caSo far- front brakes Basic fluids Rear main seal Oil pan seal Trans kick down cable adjustment(HUGE improvement) New radio/cd player/speakers To do soon - weld back cat shield- loose with anoying rattle

91 with 119k on the clock, bought from original owner 3 years ago with all records and maintenace up to date. OME 2.5" lift, BFG 285's, magnaflow high flow cats and muffler, K&N drop in filter, adjusted AMF a few clicks forward(made a noticable difference), rock crawler bumper, Nerf bars (easily removable for wheeling, only there so GF can climb in for normal use), procomp lights, pioneer avic nav, new speakers all around and Image Dynamics 10" sub, alarm with remote start for the cold monrings.

Runs and climbs over things like a champ but I would still like to regear to 4.88's as I have heard it makes a world of difference. Not so fun going up the passes here in CO with the 285's and stock gears.
snow3.JPG
1.JPG

My first post on MUD and Im a proud owner of a Nor Cal 91 FJ80!

'91 with 217,000 miles. 33" BFG A/Ts with 2 1/2" OME. I'm in love with my big gray tactor! Welcome 91Eighty! :flipoff2:

Thanks Rigger! Glad to be in good company.

1991 fj80

Bought the cruiser (1991) couple years ago for winter/camping and hauling stuff/kids around. love the LC and sold another 2 cars. It's stock now w/150k on it. got new rotors and pads in the garage and thinking about new tires before summer....Maybe some other mods if I get a raise this year......:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom