3FE Owners Check-In (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1991 FJ80

Bone stock, 273K+ miles, runs/drives really good with stock powertrain. Full synthetic fluids for most of its life. Uses less than a half quart oil per 3000 miles. Future maint will include complete front axle service.

Currently exploring re-power options such as v-8 and diesel swaps using Mark' Adapters for the future.

91 FJ80 with 180k located near Sacramento. Just recently acquired from my parents. Has a small oil leak.

Replaced alternator
Replaced thermostat
EFI Relay.....
Pioneer head unit with polk speakers

Upgrades coming soon:
Front Axle rebuild
FF Rear axle conversion with disc brakes
OME Lift

92 Cruiser

New guy here

Had my Cruiser 1.5 months. 143,000 on the clock. Replaced all the lubricants, well to keep this short gave it a full tune up. Also replaced the FPR.

Mods include Roof Rack, Front Bumper, Skid Plate
FJ80 Polished.JPG

92 FJ80 with 180K on the clock. Previous owner had just done $3300 PM at the dealer 15k ago when I bought it. Haven't put a thing on it and every single thing works perfect except I had to replace the Cruise Control sending unit on the transfer case with a used on I bought on here for $25 "Thanks Mud!"
CIMG2747.jpg

CIMG2565.jpg

CIMG2567.jpg

Hey all,

I have been driving a '92 that I bought nearly two months ago. By no means perfect, yet seems just about unstopable. I like it, very much.
Baselining is in progress. Now at 234K.

ivcruiser.jpg
ivcruiser.jpg

'91 with 170k

Just clicked over 170k yesterday. I've had her since july,'08.
Duplicolor bedliner on front/rear bumpers and grill. removed
factory running boards. LED domes and map light. Relocated spare.
A/C evaporator replaced/R134 conversion, blows popsicles.
PM that still needs to be done includes front axle job
and O² sensors replacement.

I just had the muffler replaced with smaller aftermarket unit,
MUCH better clearance.

York OBA just installed.
005.jpg

Last edited:

had her several years.197000 miles.front axel servive done ,full tuneup,aussie locker in rear.rhinolined the bottom 1/3 where the two tone paint was.drained tranny fluid,there was not any metal flakes in pan.runs perfect.:beer:

Just found this thread. I own stock grey 91 with 175000 miles. Poor thing has never spent the night in a garage. Clear coat is peeled off roof and hood. Engine is kinda oily but doesn't drip. Right Birf is kinda greasy but doesn't click. A/C blows about 72° on a nice day. Thermostat has been known to stick. Tires are good and the brakes are fair.

Owned since new.

Sounds like mine with the paint. Is yours grey/blue? Havnt seen many with decent paint of that color. PO was from Houston area, I dont think they washed it either.

91 3FE running well. Picked it up for $2100 last year and now has 275k+ on it. Replaced t-stat, water pump, and radiator next. Working on exhaust now. Next on the list are bumpers, paint, suspension, and the like. Soon baby...soon.

Sounds like mine with the paint. Is yours grey/blue? Havnt seen many with decent paint of that color. PO was from Houston area, I dont think they washed it either.

Mine is all grey exterior. The interior is grey plastic with grey/blue materiel on seats and doors. I bought it in Houston in 1991. Right now it is parked under some sappy trees. I will be chopping them down soon. After studying posts on this site I am inspired to begin repairs/baseling this truck. Then paint!

I thought I had already posted in this section.

Well, here's mine:

2.5" Medium lift, .50" spacers in front
33's on black steel
Safari Snorkel
De-smogged with pump bypass
Stock engine otherwise

attachment.php

Just picked up a 92 with 180K on the ticker, bone stock and has been sitting for years with a bad front diff. I got it as a parts truck but am trying to aquire a title since it is in such decent shape. Has some interior wear (bad leather up front, rough door panel), but isn't bad at all. On par overall with my 88 that has 164K miles. Not sure I'll keep both so I'm going to have to choose at some point once they're both in good order. :crybaby: I love the two-tone goodness!!

Here is a link to the pictures...

92 Cruiser

Oh, and I'm from NC just southeast of Charlotte... Mineral Springs.

91 looks stock. got it with a blown engine put in a donor from an '89 62. There are a few differences but goes right in once you get past those. Runs great just need to get better than 9 mpg out of it and a front bumper.

My first Land Cruiser

Just bought my first Cruiser from my brother. A '91 FJ80 with only 76K(!) on the clock. It's been repainted by previous PO (PPO?). The Cruiser opens up a whole new world of family camping possibilities!

Now if I can just get the radio to work...
91_TLC.jpg

Edit:
Not driving 3FE '80s any more. These days I have 4 FZJ80s on the road and/or trails. I do have one FJ80 that could be on the road I guess and a few among the 12 parts rigs in the storage yard. And a built up '62 with a 3FE that needs some love again someday.

Mark...

Last edited:
'91 that appears to be mostly stock with 254XXX miles. It has been lifted, and has some 31" tires, but not much else. Bought her from a guy that knew nothing about wrenchin', so she ain't in great shape YET! I am in the middle of a major tune up which includes valve adjustment and compression check. The compression check amazed me, all 6 were within 8 PSI of 145!!
I will be doing the Birfs next, as well as a few other PM type tasks. The step has been removed, but nothing put back on to replace it, so I got some Nerf Bars from my local Yota dealer that were on a CFC vehicle traded in. I had to cut them off with a torch, but they're mine now...soon I'll be making brackets to make them fit.
It has no tunes in it, so a stereo is on my wish list, I did find 3 Sony amps tucked away in the back corner under the plastic body panel. Also, tucked away under the Passenger kick panel was a device that was used for mobile phone communications way back when mobile phones first came out. I have some pics of it that I'll post up...I just thought it was pretty cool.
Anyway, so far I LOVE the truck, but don't plan to drive it for anything like what most of you guys seem to do with yours...mine will be my fishing vehicle, used to get me out onto the beach for some fun in the sun and fishing!!
I've already learned several things from this forum (for which I am eternally grateful) and hope to contribute some as well!!
Oh yea, and before I forget...:flipoff2:

New to the forum, but just purchased a 1 owner 92 FJ80, 131k miles. No pics yet, but i'll put something up after the new 33" BFG ATs go on this week. Great site!

NEW GUY

Just got my 1st 91 LC. Got 175K on the clock and completely stock. Things did was upgraded the sounds and head unit with a touch screen DVD player. Then put some 20's i had laying around. Bought some goodies for the truck but didn't put it on yet due to a new baby! Enjoy Aloha
0713091741a.jpg

0827092057a.jpg

0827092057b.jpg

0827092057c.jpg

0827092058a.jpg

Just recently took delivery of my 1991 FJ-80. 121K miles. I am the 3rd owner. The PO owned the rig for the last 13 years and took it to the stealership (not a typo) for regular service intervals.

Needs:
-Cleaner oil.
-The hideous tint job removed via razorblade.
-A good aerosol can of factory-matched paint and an equally-sized can of clearcoat to fix the small patches of cracking, but not yet peeling paint.
-attractive females in the remaining empty seats I have available.
Newrig010.jpg

17,000 miles on the clock. Oh yeah, it had about 211,000 miles on the old one, before the PO replaced it. Cruise doesn't work, AC needs work, needs oil, tranny and radiator flushed but she's got a fresh front end and I know I can lock the diff and go anywhere I need to go. :D

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom