3fe EFI intake emblems? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like some interest. I’ll post up a mock up when I can get one.

the more challenging aspect of this prototype will be applying the correct OEM type RED

tone paint or pigment to the new emblem , and it adhering , and thats after a very

surgical application too 🤔

Good timing. Just got some info back. The difficult part seems to be getting the raised stamped letters. I don't know if it will be possible, at least with this place, to get that. So while it can look the same, (in terms of size, coloring, letters) it may not be a faithful exact replica of OEM. I'm trying to find out options.

Good timing. Just got some info back. The difficult part seems to be getting the raised stamped letters. I don't know if it will be possible, at least with this place, to get that. So while it can look the same, (in terms of size, coloring, letters) it may not be a faithful exact replica of OEM. I'm trying to find out options.
Thanks for the update. @bhicks any options in your space?

Thanks for the update. @bhicks any options in your space?
We could probably make them but I would need an OEM one in my hands to pull dimensions from. I can't guarantee it would be an exact OEM copy but it would be close. The size and color combo would be exact. Just the thickness and hieght of the letters might need to be a bit thicker. I would have to get my machinist to take a look at the OEM part and give me more exact feedback.

We could probably make them but I would need an OEM one in my hands to pull dimensions from. I can't guarantee it would be an exact OEM copy but it would be close. The size and color combo would be exact. Just the thickness and hieght of the letters might need to be a bit thicker. I would have to get my machinist to take a look at the OEM part and give me more exact feedback.
@bhicks PM your address and I'll send you an OEM decal to review.

Looking for 3fe EFI intake reproduction emblems for a few restorations. This is the prominent one on top of the intake. Does anyone sell these?

View attachment 2203320

Thank You,

Noah
I have EFI engine emblems for $15. each....see photos attached. Mark 503 680-6807 markfristad@mac.com

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

I got the OEM EFI badge delivered today. I will start working on the CAD design tomorrow. Couple questions. Was the background originally painted from the factory? If so, what color? Were the raised letters painted red from the factory?

I got the OEM EFI badge delivered today. I will start working on the CAD design tomorrow. Couple questions. Was the background originally painted from the factory? If so, what color? Were the raised letters painted red from the factory?
Red letters and silver/aluminum background were factory
84BF466D-7670-4F8D-B636-C8598E313834.jpeg

Last edited:
Red letters and silver/aluminum background were factoryView attachment 2348656
Awesome. Thanks. Now I need to find the right high heat paint and high heat adhesive. Looks like Mr. T just squeezed out some high heat silcone to mount them. I would prefer to find something pre attached when shipped that can simply be stuck on. Kapton tape can handle the heat but I'm not sure how well it can bond 2 aluminum surfaces. Ordered some today to test.

So awesome! Wish my plan could have turned out, but glad someone is working to make this happen!

Awesome. Thanks. Now I need to find the right high heat paint and high heat adhesive. Looks like Mr. T just squeezed out some high heat silcone to mount them. I would prefer to find something pre attached when shipped that can simply be stuck on. Kapton tape can handle the heat but I'm not sure how well it can bond 2 aluminum surfaces. Ordered some today to test.
I sell EFI badge decals for $15. each. They are shown in this thread. If interested email me at: markfristad@mac.com

3.JPG

Also, the difficulty my guy had was the raised stamped letters, round corners, and beveled edged. He probably just didn't have the right equipment for all of this, but hopefully not an issue for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom