35s w/4" lift ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen said:
I think my pig is tall so Ige's must be REALLY tall...I'm 6'4"~6'5" and I can't look over the top.

QUOTE]
mine's enormous!!!
P7210004.JPG

Wow Ben, yours sounds to be at least 2" more than mine in front, and 3-4" in rear. That's a pretty major difference between an "off the shelf" 4" lift and a custom 4". I hope newbies with stockers considering lifts see this thread!
My lift is almost 6 years old, how old is yours?

Last edited:
Ben's lift should be 3-4 yrs old. I think that is when Dan still had it

Hey Ben, remember I want dibs on your Alcan springs when you go SO!!

Hers's mine with 35s with a 2" body lift and booty fab 6" shackles. Had to shim the front end for caster!!!
after.jpg

FJBen said:
nuclearlemon said:
what some people don't realize is Ige is 4'something and the very first I'd pick on my side for bar fight!!! :D

C'mon, Ige has to be at least 5'!!!

You are correct about the bar fight though, she would carefully safeguard the contents of a bottle of Jack (in her tummy), and then rap someone upside the head with the bottle!

RUSH55 said:
Wow Ben, yours sounds to be at least 2" more than mine in front, and 3-4" in rear. That's a pretty major difference between an "off the shelf" 4" lift and a custom 4". I hope newbies with stockers considering lifts see this thread!
My lift is almost 6 years old, how old is yours?

Yeah there definitetly is quite the difference between Lift springs for sure. The lift is around 3 to 4 years old and isn't saggy or leaning at all.

I much preferred the ride of My alcans over the MAF lift.

I have been thinking about swapping to 35's also. Here's mine w/ 33x12.5's and the Safari 4" lift. I get a little bit of rub on the inner fenderwell, but I think that is due to the backspacing on the rims I'm running. Not sure exactly...So, what backspacing is ideal? No- I have not searched lately, just wondering outloud through the keyboard.
Lucy FJ55 001 copy.jpg

Are you running the MAF shackle reversal too? If so, the only difference between your suspension and mine is an add-a-leaf in the rear left to cure the lean. I hve cut out my stock rocker panels and lower rear 1/4's. I would say you should be able to run 35's, but they may rub on those spots, and the same places mine rub under major flex.

Bumping from the grave. Great info here for lifts!!! FJBen: Do you remember having any driveline or any other such issues with that lift?

The front is short and steep! No issues offroad however, onroad I had a "grrrr" noise as I was running shims up front and it put my u-joints out of phase with eachother. The shackles were almost straight up and down was another thing that bugged me.

In all honesty, if I were to do it again and had to choose between those springs or SOA...I'd go SOA. I was at the same height as SOA rigs, even taller, plus you'd have much better shackle angles.

just my opinion. But i really did like that setup.

31's and ~ 6 foot lift :grinpimp:
MVC-002F2sm.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom