Builds 2UZ FJ40 on CUCV's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking sharp there. I can't wait to see it out on the trail.
Your sig reads you have a 1973, I can't help myself to ask where is your gas tank?
Is it inside in the back?
20160307_162811-jpg.1221928
20160307_165609-jpg.1221925

Looking sharp there. I can't wait to see it out on the trail.
Your sig reads you have a 1973, I can't help myself to ask where is your gas tank?
Is it inside in the back?

I have a 15 gallon RCI tank stuffed behind the rear seat.

20161215_134601.jpg
20161215_142234.jpg
20161215_142143.jpg
Building a 10" sub box to add a little bass to the tunes. Facing the sub to the firewall to hopefully hide it from elements and sticky fingers.

Great vid there, good to see a build finished enough to get out on the trail.

Looking for suggestions on dependable upgrades. The stock Dana 60 axle shaft finally gave up, broke the driver stub shaft and it broke the warn hub assembly. Then while 3 wheeling the trails the rear output shaft snapped on the mini truck transfercase.

Thinking Yukon shafts and joints with some drive slugs for the axle. Then wandering if the Marlin Crawler 30 Spline output shaft will be enough for the 2UZ motor and 40" tires.
20170407_161934.jpg

Looking for suggestions on dependable upgrades. The stock Dana 60 axle shaft finally gave up, broke the driver stub shaft and it broke the warn hub assembly. Then while 3 wheeling the trails the rear output shaft snapped on the mini truck transfercase.

Thinking Yukon shafts and joints with some drive slugs for the axle. Then wandering if the Marlin Crawler 30 Spline output shaft will be enough for the 2UZ motor and 40" tires. View attachment 1455702
30 or 35 spline shaft? I found the Yukon shafts to be relatively inexpensive (compared to RCV) and have Warn hubs.
I'd think the marlin output would by up to what your asking of it, just watch out when you're bumping up stuff and throw it in neutral if you don't make a hard launch.

30 or 35 spline shaft? I found the Yukon shafts to be relatively inexpensive (compared to RCV) and have Warn hubs.
I'd think the marlin output would by up to what your asking of it, just watch out when you're bumping up stuff and throw it in neutral if you don't make a hard launch.

Going 35 spline for sure. I was wandering if the RCVs were worth the extra grand for a non rock bouncer.

I'd go with the RCV rear output over the marlin. It's cheaper and it's the same company that made them for Longfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom