2F block ID Early or Late (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
13667157915_199c4c5ca1_h.jpg

I got this engine with my 83 FJ60. The #6 rod spun the bearing and damaged the crank journal. I was thinking of a rebuild for a 2FE project but don't know if this is early pre 85 block or 85 up block?

does it have mounting holes for the power steering pump on the drivers side of the block, up front, right below the head? If so, then it is late. if not, then it is early.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it has 3 bolt mounting boss. That means post 84? It doesn't have an oil pan so I want to make sure I'm looking for
the right parts.

PS mounting = later than 79. see here... 2F serial number info... looks like yours is later than 84...late 85 or very early 86...

Engine Date codes are on the driver's side of the block, but I forget how to read them. There's threads on it either here or in the 40 section. But your serial # looks like mid-80s.

I *think* it's last digit of year, month, day

i.e.: YMMDD

2F production dates

13667157915_199c4c5ca1_h.jpg

I got this engine with my 83 FJ60. The #6 rod spun the bearing and damaged the crank journal. I was thinking of a rebuild for a 2FE project but don't know if this is early pre 85 block or 85 up block?

there really isn't any differences in the 2F blocks from 1981 to the end of production

I found the production date from info in production date link. Thanks. It's 60321 so I figure 86, March 21 build date. Lambcrusher appears to
be right on the money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom