24v Bulb part Numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info on the NAPA bulbs.

If you need a 24v brake light bulb and don't want to wait for mail order, they have them at the CAT dealer up on I-17, part 9X4492. Toyota dealership can order bulbs as well, typically takes a couple days to a week to come in. Neither place is cheap.

Most of this info got consolidated into the diesel part number thread:
forum.ih8mud.com/printthread.php?t=42417

Sorry to quote your post from so long ago.. just wanted to say thanks for this info just bought 8 of these bulbs for my HJ61 should be good for a while!

Local Caterpillar dealer had these in stock, about $2 apiece.

9X-4493 is single element, turn/reverse
9X-4492 is duel element, stop/tail

https://parts.cat.com/wcs-static/pdfs/PEHJ0161-04.pdf

Cat light part numbers.JPG

New to all this but I need license plate bulbs for a bj40 24v. Anyone , anyone? Numbers and where? Tried local Toyota and they said they can't even import them. Toyota rules not his.

I don't want to totally derail this thread with LED H4, but it is topical to 24V as many of the bulbs are dual 12/24 voltage which makes them appealing due to the wider range of options.

I tried a set of 'H4 Xtreme LED Pro Headlight Kit' from XenonDepot. The light output with much less power draw is a nice upgrade, although I miss the warmer color temp from a standard halogen - the cool white kind of looks funny coming from a 60, and doesn't match the marker lights etc.

Even though the bulbs I got have the mechanical shade feature to provide a sharp cutoff, the emitter or shade must be in a different place relative to the mount as compared to a standard halogen as I found them really hard to get the reflectors/lenses re-adjusted to get the light in the right spot - the right headlight is still pointed way high even at the lower limit of the adjustment screw.

Last gotcha is if you have a rubber boot that's meant to go over the bulb and press against the rear of the reflector to provide some minimal weather/dust seal, they don't fit over the heatsinks on the LED. Combined with quite a short depth behind the reflector in a 60, it made fitting the bulb kind of finicky.

I actually just spent a week in the truck and this is one of the things on my list to address again, I'll document further in the build thread when I get to it.

2018-07-22 22.44.52.jpg

I had H4 replacement LED's in my headlight housings of the BJ74 (7" rounds) for a bit and took them out. I found low beam and light cutoff seemed good, but high beams were useless. There was no light penetration further down the road and what light there was was "washed out" is the term that comes to mind. I also did not want to impact others coming towards me if the light cutoff was not correct. Ditto on the rubber boots at the back. Had to modify mine to make the LED's work. I've decided I'll save my shekels for some Trucklites and use LED in other spots. The other advantage is road legal light/bulb combo.

gb

Oh yeah, good point about the high beams @Greg_B - they're pretty poor when compared to the LED low beams, but the low beam penetration is so much better than the halogens that I found I never actually needed to use the highs.

Also this is the diesel/24v section - who here has a diesel cruiser that can out-drive low beams?!? Mine throw light like 2 minutes down the road, even though that's only 200 feet.:rofl:

Can someone please give me the bulb part number for a 88 HJ61 glow screen dash indicator bulb? 24V
Thanks!

This is my go to list for bulb #’s. Easy to find bulb lists in the 60/40 sections and then compare to the chart. I also have the best luck at NAPA. I know NAPA USA is a little different than NAPA CA (found that out when I tried to get an adapter to do a compression test on a 12ht, but that story is for another day)

amazing I was able to use a thread from 2006 to get correct parts for my break, turn and reverse lights. Ordered the parts direct from parts.cat.com

A newer part number for the turn / reverse lights was automatically offered when I punched in the older part number (9x-4493) mentioned. Got them within a couple of days and they worked perfectly.

1)​
8U-2622: Bulb
Non-returnable part
Non-returnable part
8U-2622: Bulb
Unit Weight: 0.1 lbs
Line Item Note: Replaces Part# 9X-4493​
4 IN STORE4$2.47 USD$9.88 USD
2)​
9X-4492: Miniature Lamp
Non-returnable part
Non-returnable part
9X-4492: Miniature Lamp
Unit Weight: 0.1 lbs​

Here are some part numbers I used to replace the dash lights on my 24V HJ60, purchased from Mouser Canada. I couldn't find any good LED's, but these incandescents worked well. And they were inexpensive. I think I bough packs of 10 just have extras on hand. When it gets dark tonight I'll try to run out to the truck and take some pictures - it's nice to see the switches and gauges properly illuminated. The only light that doesn't work on my truck now is the little one inside the factor radio. But I think that might need some professional help to repair.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 09.35.51.png

Hi @georgebj60, were you able to transfer the green sleeve from your OG bulbs (if they had them) to the bulbs you got from Mouser? My originals look like this and are starting to need replaced.
Yeah, I was able to very carefully peel them off and reuse them. A couple of them had dried/melted to the old bulbs and disintegrated when I tried to remove them, but I had a spare cluster that was in a pile of parts that came with my truck when I bought it so I had a couple spares.
I might still have some spares. I will check...

Has anyone found a good LED option for the 90981-11022? Its a small peanut (really small) for the BJ73 climate controls and cigarette lighter. I was looking on Superbright LEDs and cannot find a good option in 24v.

Edit: its a Type 74 LED. No luck finding a 24v option though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom