22Re will not stay running (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am think about checking out a 89 runner but the seller states it starts but will only run for 5-10 secs before shutting down. Anyone know what the likely culprit is with this type of problem. Is it a common problem with an easy fix? TIA.

Open Circuit Relay (under the pass side kick panel), or the MAF sensor on top of the air box.

Take a paper clip with you, bend it into a U shape. Find the Diagnostic connector under the hood, behind the battery. Jumper across the B+ and Fp cpntacts, then see if it stays running.

Also consider the fuel pump.

dont forget about the resistor on the passanger side fender well. if the truck only runs for a few seconds it may be running on the cold start injector. also as stated above the check relay

Thanks everyone. I was to slow. Called and left the guy a message to come look at it and I never heard back from him and the CL post disappeard. He was asking \ 1k and the truck was from texas. I was hoping to pick it up for a song considering it was not running but someone obviously go to the guy before me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom