2023 Family Reunion at Choccolocco Mtn Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OOOOOOOOH.....

I might have to fly out and rent my mom's Rav4 again.

:)
1675786008741.jpeg

Maybe this year the warpig will last more than 45 minutes...

They are mostly active on FB. We've already contacted the park owners and reserved the group camp for the weekend.
Awesome!! I will be there!!

Is there a way to register or RSVP?

This group isn't much on agendas or schedules. A few of us will be arriving around midday on Friday. We may find something in town for lunch or just make a sandwich after setting up camp. We have the whole grassy knoll reserved for tent or RTT campers to use. If you have an oversized trailer or RV type setup, then you'll have to contact the park and reserve a spot.

Everyone is on their own for food. Myself and a couple others have agreed to split some meals, but no big meal is planned for this event.

Here's an overview of our area. This is a pin drop on Google Maps for the park entrance/cash-drop box. Make sure you fill out an envelope and pay your share to the park (ie, you'll need cash to put in the envelopes). You'll also find a QR code mounted on the announcement board there. Scan it with your smartphone to find the park map. You'll need the Avenza Map app to load their park map.
Choccolocco-Camp.png

And from near ground level, it looks like this
2021-05_ACC (102).JPG

After everyone sets up their camp we'll hit the trails. We try to stick to the moderate stuff so that no one struggles too much. If we find a nice obstacle a few of us might give it a go, but we always stick together. We take breaks along the trail often, to get out and scout the trail ahead. The trails tend to change from year to year and the easy becomes harder sometimes. We do this a lot...standing in the woods, talking.
2021-05_ACC (41).JPG

Sometimes we take poser shots.
IMG_4429.JPG

After the hangover beer, I'll probably make some coffee, cook some aigs, and we'll hit the trails around 9 or 10ish. Come back to camp for lunch, then go back out for a few hours in the afternoon. The park is not huge so you might be able to hit us up on HAM radio 146.460 MHz. I think Dugan has a GMRS radio, but not sure what channel he's normally on.

I am planning on making the trip!

After the hangover beer, I'll probably make some coffee, cook some aigs, and we'll hit the trails around 9 or 10ish. Come back to camp for lunch, then go back out for a few hours in the afternoon. The park is not huge so you might be able to hit us up on HAM radio 146.460 MHz. I think Dugan has a GMRS radio, but not sure what channel he's normally on.

I’ll be on Ch. 19 if anyone wants to listen to static with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom