2021 BOD Nominations and Voting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
The following BOD positions are up for election and will take nominations for 2021:

Treasurer
Events Coordinator
Uwharrie Representative

Description of positions:
ONSC Club Bylaws

Any member in good standing can nominate someone or themselves for these positions. These positions will be for 2 years and up for re-election in 2023. Nominations will be open for the month of January. Voting will take place in February and the new positions will be announced in March at the Meet and Greet (if officially held) or before.

Please "try" and limit chat in this thread as it can make keeping up with nominations difficult.

Votes will be tallied via survey monkey survey that will be emailed out to all members that are in good standing at the time that nominations close at the end of January. If you want to nominate, vote or accept a nomination, please make sure that your membership is current.

FORMAT:
1. Post up your nominations
2. Nominations have to be seconded
2. If nominated and seconded, please make sure to either accept or decline your nomination

References:
Final BOD Format and Nominations Thread
2014 BOD Nominations and Voting
2015 BOD Nominations and Voting
2016 BOD Nominations and Voting
2017 BOD Nominations and Voting
2018 BOD Nominations and Voting
2019 BOD Nominations and Voting
2020 BOD Nominations and Voting

This is a list of the candidates who have been nominated, seconded and have then accepted their nomination:

Treasurer: Fort Knox

Events Coordinator: neslrac

Uwharrie Representative: jamesurq

Last edited:
I accept the nomination. with some callouts::

trying not to derail the thread.... If anyone wants to help with the below, PLEASE contact me directly (assuming I win the position):

1. I would like to see more coordinated efforts for GSO and Charlotte locations keeping a monthly meeting going. Someone in each location needed to coordinate monthly meetings, as well as coordinate with the other two leaders to discuss a "summer meeting/picnic" of some sort with all groups converging. (@GLTHFJ60 - if you'd like to pass along what you've been doing to someone else, let me know. As far as I'm concerned you've been keeping things rolling nicely for that area.)
  2. Our Facebook group has grown a lot lately - if the ONSC members that are on FB could try and help convert those members into actual meeting goers and eventually actual physical members that would be great. They don't have to come to mud if they don't want to, we'll update them on events
  3. Which brings my last point, if anyone is willing to help administer the Facebook and Instagram pages, please let me know. (currently I run the FB and Alex Cortani runs the IG). For both we are happy to help with content, but for the daily management we could use a volunteer or two?
Thanks again for the nomination - I know my attempts at pushing for events in spite of all odds definitely rubbed some folks the wrong way. But I suppose at very least that it showed that I am passionate about this group/hobby/addition and when we can actually have the events - they're a lot of damn fun.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately... Thoreau

Can't wait to get back to the woods with you all.

I have no issue continuing to organize the triangle monthly meetings!!

I accept the nomination as Treasurer. What can I say......counting other people's money is like a passion for me, and stuff.

If I'm reading this correctly, we still don't have an acceptance from @neslrac (or any other nominations) for Uwharrie rep, correct?

I accept the nomination at Uwharrie rep position for another two years. Do I need to sign in blood or go through any sort of hazing process? :) Its been a slow year with the Covid stuff. Maybe we can do some trail maintenance or trash duty to get out in the fresh air.

I can volunteer to help with social media if you still need someone. Most days I am online for work so wouldn’t be to hard to chip in.
I like the sound of that. If you are up for doing the Instagram posts, I'd be up for handing over the reigns. I say "I" but really it's @GLTHFJ60 who has the credentials for that account.

I haven't given our Instagram account the love it deserves lately. It has great potential to grow bigger than it currently is.

Thanks for the offer, once you need my help I can connect with some questions and guidelines you would like for me to stay within. I have an Instagram/Facebook account so familiar with how to use mainly content I can use.

Thanks for the offer, once you need my help I can connect with some questions and guidelines you would like for me to stay within. I have an Instagram/Facebook account so familiar with how to use mainly content I can use.
There aren't any guidelines in particular for our IG and FB postings, but idealy @jamesurq and I have been sticking to promoting our events and a few of the events that the ONSC actively participates in with other clubs, e.g. GSMTR, Upstate Cruiser trail rides, and Capitol Land Cruiser trail rides, etc. In all honesty, just do what you can to promote the club and the Land Cruiser brand, usually in that order. One of the things I try to do is comment and "like" as many family friendly and enthusiast Cruiser related IG posts as I can. There is a lot more that can be done, but that's kinda been me M.O. for our IG account.

My recommendation to the BOD would be to go ahead and have @GLTHFJ60 discuss giving you the credentials to the IG account once the results from the election have been finalized. Then get with @jamesurq to start coordinating for any upcoming ONSC events that should be promoted on social media.

That's my $0.02

There aren't any guidelines in particular for our IG and FB postings, but idealy @jamesurq and I have been sticking to promoting our events and a few of the events that the ONSC actively participates in with other clubs, e.g. GSMTR, Upstate Cruiser trail rides, and Capitol Land Cruiser trail rides, etc. In all honesty, just do what you can to promote the club and the Land Cruiser brand, usually in that order. One of the things I try to do is comment and "like" as many family friendly and enthusiast Cruiser related IG posts as I can. There is a lot more that can be done, but that's kinda been me M.O. for our IG account.

My recommendation to the BOD would be to go ahead and have @GLTHFJ60 discuss giving you the credentials to the IG account once the results from the election have been finalized. Then get with @jamesurq to start coordinating for any upcoming ONSC events that should be promoted on social media.

That's my $0.02

Sounds good I had similar ideas about content in addition to club events and would ask permissions for anything else to be safe.

So, no additional names have come out for nomination, all positions are un-contested. If no one has any objections, I forward all three to remain in their positions for the next 2 years!

So, no additional names have come out for nomination, all positions are un-contested. If no one has any objections, I forward all three to remain in their positions for the next 2 years!
ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom