Builds 2018 Premium 460 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my standard Maxtrax traction teeth with Maxtrax extreme teeth, link.

Replaced my standard Maxtrax traction teeth with Maxtrax extreme teeth, link.

Not sure which post you'd like me to reply on, but here goes...
Been thinking about doing that for some time to mine. I have two sets, orange like yours and a tan set for when I'm in the field with Army training in the hills to be a little more camouflaged.
How much are those studs? Might it be more practical to just use SS bolts and keep the heads bottom down to not ruin the threads?
Also, in removing the existing lugs, just a thought, have you tried heating them up with a heat gun to soften them up before shearing them off? Or a belt sander with 20 grit?
With using bolts, wonder if you can just drill them out and push a bolt through?
All-in-all, it looks labor intensive.
Just some thoughts Washingtontaco...

Not sure which post you'd like me to reply on, but here goes...
Been thinking about doing that for some time to mine. I have two sets, orange like yours and a tan set for when I'm in the field with Army training in the hills to be a little more camouflaged.
How much are those studs? Might it be more practical to just use SS bolts and keep the heads bottom down to not ruin the threads?
Also, in removing the existing lugs, just a thought, have you tried heating them up with a heat gun to soften them up before shearing them off? Or a belt sander with 20 grit?
With using bolts, wonder if you can just drill them out and push a bolt through?
All-in-all, it looks labor intensive.
Just some thoughts Washingtontaco...
I have a video on social media using an oscillating tool to remove the burned off plastic. This whole thing took maybe an hour for two boards and a dozen teeth. I thought about bolts but the cost of stainless hardware is the same or more than the replacement Maxtrax teeth. The Maxtrax teeth are also manufactured with aluminum. The thought of the aluminum causing less potential damage to the tires than stainless steel hardware.

Reactions: r2m
I have a video on social media using an oscillating tool to remove the burned off plastic. This whole thing took maybe an hour for two boards and a dozen teeth. I thought about bolts but the cost of stainless hardware is the same or more than the replacement Maxtrax teeth. The Maxtrax teeth are also manufactured with aluminum. The thought of the aluminum causing less potential damage to the tires than stainless steel hardware.
So I guess you're only replacing the burnt down ones, not the entire board.
I was thinking you were doing ALL your boards.

Ah the smell of new rubber!

A friend owns a Grease Monkey in Everett WA and is trying to differentiate his store from others. He has access to tires, I just picked up 5 BFG KM3 285/75/17 and had them installed.

If you live in the North end and are in need of tires DM me.

The bad part is while on the rack I was able to detect a slight bit of hub bearing play on both sides. The good news I just ordered them out of Japan with seals and shipping for $260.00 bucks! Should arrive early April at the latest.

tires #1.jpg
Tires #2.jpg
Tires #3.jpg

Ah the smell of new rubber!

A friend owns a Grease Monkey in Everett WA and is trying to differentiate his store from others. He has access to tires, I just picked up 5 BFG KM3 285/75/17 and had them installed.

If you live in the North end and are in need of tires DM me.

The bad part is while on the rack I was able to detect a slight bit of hub bearing play on both sides. The good news I just ordered them out of Japan with seals and shipping for $260.00 bucks! Should arrive early April at the latest.

View attachment 3274484View attachment 3274485View attachment 3274486
Wonder if the KM3's will be quieter at around the half way wear mark?
Love my BFG M/T's and they were quite quiet all the way till they were about half done. Then they started to roar.
Hence going with the BFG A/T's now.

Wonder if the KM3's will be quieter at around the half way wear mark?
Love my BFG M/T's and they were quite quiet all the way till they were about half done. Then they started to roar.
Hence going with the BFG A/T's now.
Yeah they get loud over time. But so did my Toyo R/Ts. I usually replace tires around 35-40,000 miles and sell the used ones with some life left in them.

Finally a good solution for the windshield washer reservoir!

I received my Snowbound Custom reservoir last Thursday and installed it the past weekend. The installation process is pretty easy, it does state removing the whole bumper cover I just displaced the grill by a few inches. They don't provide a solution to mount the windshield reservoir relay so I used 3M VHBT to the radiator core support. You will need to lengthen the fluid low level sensor wires but that's pretty easy. Excellent design, fit and finish. It took approximately 3 hours to install with pictures and cleaning. I also hole sawed a access hole in the radiator cover.

SB#3.jpg
SB#4.jpg
SB#5.jpg
SB#8.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, forgot the radiator cover!

No provisions to fill the reservoir so I laid out the location with masking tape, drilled up the pilot hole, and hole sawed the access hole. I have big fat fingers so you may get away with a smaller servicing hole.

SB#14.jpg
SB#15.jpg
SB#16.jpg
SB#17.jpg
SB#18.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• r2m
Back
Top Bottom