2018 ONSC Meet and Greet - March 9-11 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm up for a trip to the range on Sat afternoon.

I need some range time as well. I'll bring the 10/22 and Shield.

Cool. I mostly want my boys to get some shooting in. I don’t think I will do much shooting myself. They have a .22 version of an AR that I let them practice with.
I will come prepared and see if we can make it happen.

Also, I will come prepared with a map, compass and protractor and see if any of the kids or grown ups want a quick map reading / land nav class. The barn’s location lends itself pretty well for it.

But again, just sharing ideas. Nothing set in stone.

I'm a big fan of offering a useful class when we're at the barn and the trails are still closed. @Izzyandsue did the HiLift class last year. I think that was well received. Seeing as I know nothing of land nav, I'm definitely interested. I'll try to find my old Army compass from the 70's (or 60's?) to keep my theme of "old military stuff from my dad's basement that I've never used and y'all get the unveiling at the barn" going.

So far, I'm at:
Stupidly clean 1942 Winchester M1 Carbine
70's Coleman US-issue lantern

Uwharrie workday details!!

Annilie will meet <Eric J> and the rest of the ONSC members this Saturday, March 10th at 9 am at Uwharrie Hunt Camp. We’ll have you continue with the installation of the guardrail along Falls Dam Trail. Depending on how many folks you have there she might take a group to finish off the sections of guide rail fencing that needs to be done at the trailheads. Annilie & I walked the guardrail line along Falls Dam Trail so she knows the general route for it to take.

Also, depending on how many folks are there she might send some folks to check out down trees and large limbs & branches that might have fallen down on the trails in last week’s storms so if anyone has a chainsaw they could bring to collect firewood for your campfire that night please reach out to them and let them know it might be needed. We’ll make sure to have chaps, hard hat, hearing protection & eye protection for them. Make sure they are dressed properly & have the proper shoes on too. Also, Annilie & I will get the tools from the FOU barn together on Thursday so she’ll have everything ready to go. Thanks a lot for your help. We appreciate it.

The trail maintenance contract won’t start until the trails are open so any clearing you can do that would be great. I’ll talk to Annilie about the possibility of opening other gates for folks to check out the trees on the trails on Saturday.

Sorry to relay that the family and I won’t be able to attend this weekend. The brakes in Bandito locked up his past weekend and I’ve had to replace the master cylinder and all front brake parts including rotors, calipers, pads, wheel bearings, and seals. It’s eaten up about $1,300 and has made taking an excursion not a very smart idea since that was $1,300 not budgeted for. Maybe next time.

Sorry to relay that the family and I won’t be able to attend this weekend. The brakes in Bandito locked up his past weekend and I’ve had to replace the master cylinder and all front brake parts including rotors, calipers, pads, wheel bearings, and seals. It’s eaten up about $1,300 and has made taking an excursion not a very smart idea since that was $1,300 not budgeted for. Maybe next time.
Sorry to hear that. It's been nothing but brakes at my place on the 80's lately, too. Now that you've given that number, I have some proof of what I'm worth for doing it myself! Sarah will be so happy.

Keep an eye on our calendar - we host multiple events at or near Uwharrie each year. Hope to see you at one.

You can always come to the Relic Run in April.

Keefer's are out. Lily's first softball tournament with her team is the same day, and we have some other things going on that might come to light later.

The hits just keep on coming. It cost me $1,080 for two new calipers, two new rotors, four new brake pads, two new wheel bearings, two new wheel seals, and assorted shop fees. They also replaced the master cylinder and power booster. They had to replace it with OEM Toyota. They can't seem to bleed the brakes and adjust the LSPV. They told me Bandito was ready and when I went to pick it up the brake pedal went to the floor.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to find a different shop ASAP.

The hits just keep on coming. It cost me $1,080 for two new calipers, two new rotors, four new brake pads, two new wheel bearings, two new wheel seals, and assorted shop fees. They also replaced the master cylinder and power booster for free. I think they broke something and had to replace it with OEM Toyota. Since they can't seem to bleed the brakes properly, they have to send it to Toyota to have the LPSV adjusted and bled. They told me Bandito was ready and when I went to pick it up the brake pedal went to the floor.
I feel your pain dude. I'm fighting brake issues right now. Looks like I'll be bringing the yukon down this weekend.

I feel your pain dude. I'm fighting brake issues right now. Looks like I'll be bringing the yukon down this weekend.
What issues are you having with the brakes?

I know that feeling. Just solved my brake issues. I replaced everything front and rear plus the mc. I keep telling my self I got out for less than a grand. Im afraid to add it up.

Trying to make it a day trip on Saturday. Any idea when the dinner might be that night?

Sorry if it was already mentioned.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom