2018 ONSC Christmas Party Nov 30 - Dec 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages……It’s time for the ONSC Christmas Party out at Kenny and Lydia's barn at Uwharrie.

Post if you are able to make it, how many will be coming with you (adults vs kids) and what day you will be arriving. This helps us plan for food.

Back by popular demand....... we will be having another chili cook off! Please sign up for chili on Saturday or another pot-luck type item. The club will be bringing ham, sides and breakfast for Sunday.

For work, we have a Uwharrie Workday on Saturday, so please plan on attending. We're still working with Terry to get the list of things to do.

As always let’s be prepared to get some more firewood cut. There may be a couple loads of wood being brought but either way I'll bring my saw and we'll make sure the log splitter is there. Johnny and Sean if you wouldn't mind bringing yours as well that'd be awesome. As with past woodcutting work, if you plan to run a saw you need to make sure you wear PPE. Chaps, gloves, Eye and ear pro. This is not negotiable. We are on the Monk/Whitley property and we need to make sure we are all being as safe as possible.

Please post up if you're going to participate in the chili cook off!! Let’s see if anyone is worthy to take the title away from James. Same rules/format as last year:

On a side note.....you guys asked and we deliver...On Friday, a porta-john will be delivered to help facilitate the chili cookoff.

Directions

The barn is near Troy and Albemarle just east of Lake Tillery
There is no physical address to give for GPS but the directions are very simple and we have yet to get someone lost
C:\Users\ru0434v\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

Google maps location:
Google Maps

Directions to the Monks bar are as follows.

Hwy 49:
From Hwy 49 turn south on Hwy 109
Keep going south past the outpost and Uwharrie Trailhead
Turn right onto river road.
Keep going south on river road for about 5 miles and there will be a ONSC sign with flags pointing towards the driveway to the barn.

Hwy 24/27
From Hwy 24/27 turn north on River Road
Continue for 1.8 miles untill you see the ONSC sign and flags pointing to the driveway of the barn.

ONSC USFS Work Day

Similar to years past, we will be having an ONSC-specific work day Saturday December 2nd during this event. Details:

Some of the projects we have is replacing about 3 rails and 3 posts for the guiderail fencing at Falls Dam & Art Lilley Trailheads. The other work I’d have you do is to cut back some of the overhanging branches with the pole saws and cut back the brush and trees along the trails. Additionally, I’d like you to put up orange diamonds and put the trail #s on them. Quite a few trees that had the orange trail markers have come down during the 2 hurricanes. There is also trash to pick up too.

We will be maintaining a sign-up sheet that will be submitted to Terry for credit. We are meeting at 9:00am at Hunt Camp!

Description of our "Dirty Santa" gift exchange!

Gifts range between $10-$20 or can be something from your collection, serious or funny. It's anonymous and those who participate get their names put in a hat to be drawn. When your name is called, you grab a gift.

The gifts can be stolen twice though before then end up with their final owner.

Example: Adam picked a gift and its a toyota gift card...... Johnny's name is drawn later and he instead of picking a wrapped gift steals adams gift..... then adam has to pick a new gift or steal from someone else.

After any gift has been stolen a second time it is locked in and stays with that owner.

Past funny gifts have included.... the karmapooptra book, the gift that every girl wants, a pink poncho, twighlight poster, poster of @custyota in a fountain (a timeless classic), or an old car stereo.

Serious gifts have been, toyota gift card, toyota trail team swag, cruiser parts, best buy gift cards.

This is totally optional and spouses and guests not in the club can participate also, all you need is to bring a gift!!!

Thank you!! See everyone there.

Past threads for reference.

Last edited:
Will be there Friday, after work.

Boom! Will be there Friday after work.

Do we know when River Road will be reopened?

I'm definitely interested in coming (potentially with the SO). Having not been before, any further details on sleeping, food, etc? Should we bring ingredients for large meals or meals for ourselves? Camping in the barn, tents?
The barn has a stove and cooktop as well as a plethora of outlets if you need to prepare anything. Friday meals you are on your own. Plenty of people there grilling, etc. Saturday breakfast you are on your own. Coffee is usually rolling nice and early though. For those on the workday we try and provide some type of meal as a thank you for putting in work on the trails. Saturday dinner we provide the main course and fighting gear to eat with. Just bring a side, desert or a chili to try and claim the throne. Sunday morning we provide breakfast. As far as sleeping if you get there early enough you can grab some loft space in the barn or one of the rooms (only 2). Otherwise bring your tent or other camping arrangements. plenty of space to set up.

*********First post updated with links to the past threads*********

I'll be there after wor..... wait.... Nevermind.

I'll be there whenever. But I'll be there. Most likely towing the camper with the 40, unless the transmission shop gets done in the next 2 weeks with the 60. :)

still think you should tow it with the 40 ;)

We will be there with balls of meat and ready to scramble up the tallest of log piles. I've taken off work Friday and can be there around midday to start work around the barn.

I plan to be there, probably Sat, I'll bring Rotel and the fixins for shrimp and grits

Keefer Family should be there on Friday! +4

Planning on attending. Going to try to make it out Friday.
You can put me down + wife +3 kids for now.

Hopefully I have at least one Toyota that works to drive there in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom