2018 ONSC Christmas Party Nov 30 - Dec 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still need some chili volunteers guys. Who is gonna take the 2018 crown?

I hear @JohnVee has a chili with the Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango in it.

I’m gonna bow out for this year. My winning recipe from last year is uploaded on here somewhere if someone wants to give it a go.

I'll suggest a cook-off option to the BOD (not that it will be a good option!) - Trashcan Stew. Perhaps there's another 'official' name for it somewhere? No fussing over a recipe weeks in advance. No running all over every single immigrant grocery in Charlotte looking for the perfect dried peppers. No time spent prepping or cooking at home before the event. Rules are simple:
  • Using only canned items (includes stock/broth or alcohol products, and prepackaged canned/pouched tuna & salmon), plus 1 actual uncooked/unprepared meat (if you want it), create your masterpiece of chance. Dried spices and seasonings are allowed. Must be created onsite at the party. Crockpot, stockpot, and Dutch oven are allowable cooking vessels.
-OR-
  • ONSC provides an assortment of canned foods plus meats of some sort. Contestants draw numbers to select their choice of 5 ingredients that must be used. They draw another number to get a meat from a prenumbered list; it must also be used. Just hope you don't get pumpkin pie mix, mint jelly and lutefisk. Crockpot, stockpot, and Dutch oven are allowable cooking vessels.
Obviously, this can be a dangerous game of chance, BUT...there will be an extra toilet on site, right? Can't be any worse than 2016 when MY first place chili contained only meat and dried peppers. Sorry, I should have posted a warning for those with sensitive stomachs (it wasn't even hot!). Anyhoo, food (kind of) for thought!

And for those wondering about Al's Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango comment at the top of this page (with a science nod to @Rice)...

top suggestion!!

Vienna sausages floating in pork brains with milk gravy. Yum!

Hi hello looks like I will not be attending, however, I have lots of beer for y'all. If anyone is passing through the Asheville area, I'm happy to send it along. If there are any special requests for Sierra Nevada brews state your preferences, please and thank you.

I will be coming to see my daughter,she lives in the area .I can pick up You know ,my request.

I'll let you know when I'm headed up .

I will be coming to see my daughter,she lives in the area .I can pick up You know ,my request.
Funny! that's what I was going to request :beer:

Is anyone coming from Spartanburg SC to the Christmas Party? Carolina Driveline is building me a new DC front driveshaft. Shipping is $50 but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Is anyone coming from Spartanburg SC to the Christmas Party? Carolina Driveline is building me a new DC front driveshaft. Shipping is $50 but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

I still won't know until last minute (work is busy). I can grab it if I do come, or let you know next time I am headed that way. Good people there and don't mind stopping by the shop again.

You can also post in the UC section for other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom