2016+ LX Bumper Cut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there with some sort of “viper” cut? Had an oopsies on the trail so looking for ideas now. TIA!

Uodate: pic of damage attached
DSC_0270.jpeg

Last edited:
I know someone around here has done it. I can’t find it
It's been done with a pre 2016, not sure if anyone with a 16+ has done it. All the lines of the bumper point out towards the corners rather than there being a V, so i suspect it would be a little harder on the 2016+.

This one went through a few iterations.

I too have not seen a '16+ with any trimming, but would love to. The silly fog light trim really inhibits it.

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen one floating around here before

That fog lamp housing makes this challenging. I'd do something like this, just to leave the fog light intact.

bumper cut.jpg

If you're willing to cut through the fog light (maybe patch the bottom up with some plastic weld or epoxy? I don't really know how the light is constructed), this would look better.

bumper cut2.jpg

If I can be a bad influence, but if didn’t have my 2008 LX I would 1000% have a 2016+ with a Sahara bar on it.

I think this level of clearance fixes the frumpy proportions of the the 2016+ LXs.

If I can be a bad influence, but if didn’t have my 2008 LX I would 1000% have a 2016+ with a Sahara bar on it.

I think this level of clearance fixes the frumpy proportions of the the 2016+ LXs.

I agree, but I’ve been patiently waiting to see if one of the vendors will be developing a dedicated +16’ front bumper.

You know how this stuff works. You finally pull the trigger on something and then a vendor releases just what you wanted!

I’ve spoken with Slee on this and apparently it’s in the long term plans.

I’d prefer a hoop for deer strikes but most shops will not install the arb deluxe. All personal preference but I think it looks good

5C4A04A3-0923-4514-A2D9-9752DCBDB9EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree, but I’ve been patiently waiting to see if one of the vendors will be developing a dedicated +16’ front bumper.

You know how this stuff works. You finally pull the trigger on something and then a vendor releases just what you wanted!

I’ve spoken with Slee on this and apparently it’s in the long term plans.

I’d prefer a hoop for deer strikes but most shops will not install the arb deluxe. All personal preference but I think it looks good

View attachment 3499654
More inspiration for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom