2016 Land Cruiser Heaven Colombian Expedition - Aug 3-15/2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
Many members expressed interest on taking a trip to Colombia in their rigs, similar to how I did with my rig. Check it out here: My Toyota Parts search Expedition

Well I have created a trip for those couragous and adventurous souls that want to explore Colombia behind the wheel of their own rig with fellow mudders and cruiserheads.

Life is about taking risks and doing something completely new filled with lifelong memories and new experiences. The Land Cruiser Heaven Colombian Expedition 2016 is filled with just that. imagine taking your beloved Land Cruiser and exploring a new continent , a new culture, delicious food, amazing landscape, and most importantly sharing those experiences with your loved ones.

Colombia is a beautiful country filled with diverse landscapes and terrains, cultures, amazing food, people and history. This overlanding expedition is designed for your Toyota 4x4. There will be a mix of off-roading, camping, eco-tourism, sightseeing, and a complete immersion in Colombian culture and culinary.

2016 Dates:
  • July 25 (Vehicle Drop-off at Port of Miami)
  • July 29 - Aug 2 (Free days/Travel days to meet in Cartagena, Colombia)
  • Aug 3 - Aug 15 Land Cruiser Heaven Colombian Expedition
  • Aug 15 - Aug 31 Optional Trip Extension
Price: (prices subject to change based on availability)
  • $2350 USD Per 2 Occupants - 12 days ($98 day/person with 3 meals per day and accomodations)
  • $600 USD extra per occupant
  • Trip Extension: $1500 - 15 Days ( $50/person with 3 meals per day and accomodations)
Dont want or Cant send your rig to Colombia but still want to go! Rent a Colombian Cruiser!

Cruiser Rental Prices:
  • 2 Door Prado 90 Series outfitted for off roading- 15 days $1000
  • 2 Door 73 Series Land Cruiser outfitted for off roading - 15 days $1100
  • 4 Door 80/90 Series Land Cruiser outfitted for off roading - 15 days $1300
Max occupants per vehicle: 3 adults

Sponsorship: We suggest you reach out to your local shops and vendors for sponsorship. This is an international expedition, we are currently getting sponsorhips as well that will benefit the expedition.

Whats included:
  • All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
  • Camping/Hotel Accomodation
  • Rally Event Participation entries
  • Parking
Schedule:
  • Aug 3 - 4 - Pick up vehicle at Port and temporary Importation process
  • Aug 4 - Expedition Social and Dinner Party - Cartagena
  • Aug 5 - Expedition leaves for the city of Santa Martha
    • Stop in Volcun del Totumo - Mud Volcano
  • Aug 6 - Day in Santa Marta - Depart of Tayrona National Park
  • Aug 7 - Tayrona National Park Experience
  • Aug 8 - Depart for Riohacha
  • Aug 9 - Depart Riohacha for day trip to El Cerrejon Coal Mine then onto Valledupar
  • Aug 10 - Valledupar River Tour
  • Aug 11 - Depart for Cabo de La Vela
    • Visit Salt mines in Manuare
    • Arrive in Cabo De la Vela
  • Aug 12 - Day in Cabo de la Vela
  • Aug 12 - 15 Guajira Rally Event
  • Aug 15 - return to Cartagena/Optional trip Extension
Optional Trip Extension: 14 Days
  • Aug 15 - Depart Cabo de La Vela for Bucaramanga
  • Aug 16 - Bucaramanga - San Gil
  • Aug 17 - San Gil - Villa de Leyva
  • Aug 18 - Villa de Leyva Rest Day
  • Aug 19 - Villa de Leyva - Bogota
  • Aug 20 - Off roading in Bogota
  • Aug 21 - Bogota Tourism
  • Aug 23 - Depart Bogota for Hacienda Napoles
  • Aug 24 - Hacienda Napoles Day, Depart for Medellin
  • Aug 25 - Medellin Wheeling and Camping
  • Aug 26 - Medellin Tourism
  • Aug 27 - Leave for Sincelejo
  • Aug 28 - Off roading in Sincelejo
  • Aug 29 - Depart for Cartagena
  • Aug 30 - Leave vehicles at Port for shipment back to Miami
Vehicle Requirements:
  • Toyota Land Cruiser in tip top shape
    • Excellent working Cooling and Brake system - a lot of hills and mountains, very hot weather 90+F, vehicle needs to be in good shape
  • Communications:
    • Ham Radio or Portable HT radios
  • Camping equipment
    • Roof top tent*, Fridge* (*Suggested)
  • Lighting
    • Some good off road lights for night driving - difference between driving securely and not knowing whats coming up ahead
Driver Requirements:
  • Team player
  • Sense of adventure
  • Previous camping experience
  • Open-minded
  • Driving experience in other countries
  • Knows well his/her vehicle
  • Likes Latin food
What to expect:
  • This is hard to explain, thats why its important to be open-minded and have a sense of adventure.
  • Expect to be welcomed to an amazing country!
  • Lots of fun and memorable memories.
  • Colombia is a 3rd world country and many things are done differently then they are in the US. Being an International Expedition team, we will get a lot of attention, having a US plate is enough to get attention let alone adding a few tricked out rigs to the mix. We need to be welcoming but at the same time maitaining a security mindset.
  • For those single men, there will be times to go out and have some fun at local establishments.
  • For those bringing a family, expect the event to be family freindly. There will be a lot of time to go out and explore together.
  • We will try to accomadate your requests as best as possible.
What not to expect:
  • That the schedule is set in stone. It is subject to changes.
  • Hotels every night, there will be camping.
  • Everything to be perfect.
  • 5 course meals every day, we will be driving through small towns and restaurants aren't what you would expect them to be.
  • Drug tourism/Sex Tourism - we dont support this industry, Not everyone in Colombia is a drug dealer or knows one, and not every pretty girl is a prostitute so dont ask. Be respectful of your fellow expedition team members and others.
Whats not Included:
  • Vehicle Shipping to and from the US (Estimate $2000 R/T)
  • Colombian Port and Customs fees (Approx $400USD)
  • Vehicle Tolls
  • Vehicle Fuel
  • Tips
  • Colombian SOAT Insurance ($50 for 3 months)
How do I sign up?
  • This is by invitation only. There are limited spots available - 6 trucks max.
  • Please fill out the form located at: Land Cruiser Heaven
  • Application Deadline January 31, 2016

Last edited:
*Added Colombian Cruiser Rental Option

Easy Payment option available as well. To make it easier starting Feb 1,2016 divide total by 6 monthly payments.

Last edited:
Will be talking to Seaboard Marine tomorrow for better shipping rates to Colombia from Miami. Stay tuned.

Last year my wife, 1.5 year old little girl and I flew to Colombia to see my wife's familia. We ended up driving through a lot of the country to a few different towns and got deep into the coffee country. I wished I had my 60 there with me the entire time.

What an amazing Itinerary you've got mapped out. Good luck and anyone going, get ready for an amazing country. Next time I'm driving there!

If our wedding wasn't already scheduled we'd be very interested.

Looking forward to '17!

If our wedding wasn't already scheduled we'd be very interested.

Looking forward to '17!

I will look forward in having you and your UTE for the 2017 trip!!!

I need to find out if I can get vaca for this now! Is that price per person as a couple or price per couple? Airfare included, didn't see it listed in either included or not included.
I'm leaning on renting just because I wouldn't be able to make the time to get my rig down early or wait to get it back plus the 2000+ R/T to and from Miami, doing so will limit what camping equipment I can bring, will the rental rigs be equipped as well as our own or should we plan on buying some stuff once we get there?

I need to find out if I can get vaca for this now! Is that price per person as a couple or price per couple? Airfare included, didn't see it listed in either included or not included.
I'm leaning on renting just because I wouldn't be able to make the time to get my rig down early or wait to get it back plus the 2000+ R/T to and from Miami, doing so will limit what camping equipment I can bring, will the rental rigs be equipped as well as our own or should we plan on buying some stuff once we get there?

Price is per couple and doesnt include airfare. Jetblue airfare from Ft Lauderdale to Cartagena is right around $230 round trip.

Vehicles will be equipped for off roading and wheeling. If your interested make sure you sign up drawing will be February 1st.

I'm totally interested but I'm going to have to wait, once I put in for vacation it's set in stone and I just can't risk gambling 2 weeks of vacation on a drawing.

Have there been more sign ups than spots so far?

I guess I could cross plan a Dalton highway run in Alaska as a backup and sign up anyway.

So what happened with the drawing?

So what happened with the drawing?

Drawing will be this coming week. I have been in Colombia for the past month working on the logistics of the expedition. Sorry for the delay.

Did you sign up yet??

I can't risk signing up and not getting the nod because once I request vacation it's nearly impossible to retract.

I'm not drawn then I'm stuck with 2 weeks in the middle of August and no plans, if that was say during the cold months I could always just go see my parents for a couple of weeks and get out of the cold here in northern MD.

I guess I'll roll the dice and see if there are any spots left, the little lady can't go because she works at Ft Detrick and would have to get all kinds of clearance in order to go.

Keep us posted though, I'd like to follow this even if I can't go.

I can't risk signing up and not getting the nod because once I request vacation it's nearly impossible to retract.

I'm not drawn then I'm stuck with 2 weeks in the middle of August and no plans, if that was say during the cold months I could always just go see my parents for a couple of weeks and get out of the cold here in northern MD.

I guess I'll roll the dice and see if there are any spots left, the little lady can't go because she works at Ft Detrick and would have to get all kinds of clearance in order to go.

Keep us posted though, I'd like to follow this even if I can't go.

Sign up. In the next week you should know if your drawn or not and then you can ask for Vacation. LOL

Wow - would luv to ship my truck back (to S.America) and meet you for the start and have some real FUN!
If anyone is interested in a fly-n-drive longer trip there are several good (Toyota, Merc, Nissan) 4x4 for sale (maybe rent) in Buenos Aires. Ping me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom