200's to Cruise Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just registered, Thurs - Poison Spider Mesa; Fri - Top of the World; Sat - Kane Creek Canyon. I am waitlisted for Kokkopelli and could not find the option to instead register for San Rafael Swell, sent a note to registration@cruisemoab. @cruiseroutfit are you guys full? If not how would I register?

the overnight runs filled up within 24 hours.

I assume you have sliders etc for your Sat pick?

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I have sliders yes, and 33" tires. But stock otherwise, open to suggestion if you think the trails are too aggressive, it's not looking like I'll have my lift in time for Moab but there's still an outside chance. I'm ok w/ some under bumper scrapes but no body damage, I know some guys ran stock last year but not sure which trails those were.

I just registered, Thurs - Poison Spider Mesa; Fri - Top of the World; Sat - Kane Creek Canyon. I am waitlisted for Kokkopelli and could not find the option to instead register for San Rafael Swell, sent a note to registration@cruisemoab. @cruiseroutfit are you guys full? If not how would I register?

I'm out of the loop on the registration, they simply send me a list as time draws near. I do know that the run and the wait list are full so I'm assuming that is why it doesn't come up as an available option.

Any sense of whether 32.6" tires + lift + skids + sliders + front and rear lockers will be okay for Hell's Revenge, Fins, and Top of the World? I don't mind the occasional scrape to the plastic bumpers but don't really want to rip one off either.

Any sense of whether 32.6" tires + lift + skids + sliders + front and rear lockers will be okay for Hell's Revenge, Fins, and Top of the World? I don't mind the occasional scrape to the plastic bumpers but don't really want to rip one off either.
@Atwalz was riding @ stock height with tons of armor weighing his truck down and did all of those trails with us last year. Don't let your imagination spend more than you need to. Sliders, tires and you'd be fine.

@indycole
check this out - its not that difficult - its just cool

Thanks, I figured that was the case. I have sliders yes, and 33" tires. But stock otherwise, open to suggestion if you think the trails are too aggressive, it's not looking like I'll have my lift in time for Moab but there's still an outside chance. I'm ok w/ some under bumper scrapes but no body damage, I know some guys ran stock last year but not sure which trails those were.

That should be fine. The one thing about kane Crrek is when you go through the stream it can pinstripe you depending on how cut back the brush is. I havent run it in about 5 years

Don't use your front locker on the waterfall. The rear locker should be good, the rocks and path up can turn your tires while locked and that is how I broke my birf. I am sure it isn't that great on IFS either.

It is a really fun trail. There is one spot where you angle over a rock to make a turn, sliders are good there. Leader is always happy to spot and then the waterfall, which didnt use to be too bad but was chewed up 5 years ago when I did it. Worst thing on the waterfall is some may need a short strap, not really any body damage danger there with the sliders.

@indycole
check this out - its not that difficult - its just cool

Agree with this, but would stress caution and careful lines on the backside of HR-the way back down. It's pretty washed out, and tippy with some pretty good-sized rocks.

That said, good driving goes a long way. I'm pretty sure I took on more scrapes than @Atwalz, just due to my impatience.

We're in! We're registered for CM and we booked a condo. Looking forward to seeing some of you 200 guys in May!

Anyone rolling out of the San Diego area? I've got quite the trip planned, thanks @Romer for keeping Moab top of mind, once I made the commitment the plans started falling in place. Our plan is to leave around Noon on Friday, the caravan so far is my 200 w/ a buddy coming out from Boston, an 80 series, and an FJ Cruiser. We'll head for Mojave Rd and plan to run west to east. From there we'll head towards Grand Canyon for a night (Mather CG) then onto Canyonlands NP (Needles) for two nights. That gets us to Weds and then we'll make our way up and see you guys in Moab - staying at Slickrock CG. Can't wait.

If you're in SD area and want to tie into any of this just PM.

BTW, I was at the Rising Sun meeting last night (my first meeting) and they announced that Cruise Moab registration is now full. I think it was ~180 slots. Obviously it is a popular event. I gave up trying but hope to join the Breckenridge event.

BTW, I was at the Rising Sun meeting last night (my first meeting) and they announced that Cruise Moab registration is now full. I think it was ~180 slots. Obviously it is a popular event. I gave up trying but hope to join the Breckenridge event.

Dang, I worked late and didnt make it. Sorry I missed you Dan

CM20 is a sold out show!

Tag, we live in western co, one hour away, just found out....might drive down just to look at thr LCs and vendors

Spent the morning gathering up gear and getting things ready. Looking forward to the trip.

:)

I didn't even try to register this year due to a business commitment I have in San Diego that week. But I did decide to drive from Denver to San Diego. So I'll be coming through Moab on the afternoon of Monday, May 1st. I would welcome the chance to drop by or have a beer with any of you if you are in Moab on Monday and not out on the trails. I'm camping my way to San Diego so I can't stay long, maybe 2-3 hours, as I hope to continue on that afternoon/evening to somewhere along Utah 24/12. But, again, if any of you are around and want to visit a bit that would be cool. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom