Builds 2008 LX Live Camera Car and Overlanding Build. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should be in the 15kg area, 33lb for the 17”.
That is what the Toyota steelies (17x7) are quoted at.

Good data point to reference, thank you!

I plan to put 35x11.50R17 Toyo AT III on which ever 17" I got with, they weigh 63lbs each so if I weigh 93-96lbs per corner I'm good with a 13-16lb increase from stock given the overall size increase and swap from P to LT tire.

I’m looking some more and there are actually quite a few options out there, I’m going to try and make some sort of visual comparison so I can get some thoughts from you guys.

As far as weight, i will have to ask the manufacturers/wholesalers for specifics for each, but here is one of the ones i am eyeing for reference.

34 lbs, so it's actually even lighter than my current stock 20s! Just another daily reminder to trust the Grinchy. XD

blaktrak1.png

BlackTrakWeight2.PNG

BlackTrakWeight.PNG

@RyanR LX? I am going 34 and waiting to pick rims before tire. 35s sounds nice but i don't want to push my stock gears too much and mess with chopping body mounts, although i would likely snag up a set of tundra gears if i ever came across a good deal and reconsider it then.

Last edited:
I’m looking some more and there are actually quite a few options out there, I’m going to try and make some sort of visual comparison so I can get some thoughts from you guys.

As far as weight, i will have to ask the manufacturers/wholesalers for specifics for each, but here is one of the ones i am eyeing for reference.

34 lbs, so it's actually even lighter than my current stock 20s! Just another daily reminder to trust the Grinchy. XD

View attachment 2705308

View attachment 2705309

View attachment 2705310

@RyanR LX? I am going 34 and waiting to pick rims before tire. 35s sounds nice but i don't want to push my stock gears too much and mess with chopping body mounts, although i would likely snag up a set of tundra gears if i ever came across a good deal and reconsider it then.

Yes on a 2013 LX.

I did 34x11R20 (275/65R20) Falken Wildpeak AT3W previously on my 08 LX. After that experience and seeing others do 35x12.50's I think 35x11.50 will be easy breezy. I have a grinder and welder and did the BMC on my old FJ Cruiser. It's an easy job.

Now the question will be: Can I actually get my hands on these? I know I can buy them but actual availability seems challenging so far.

Yes on a 2013 LX.

I did 34x11R20 (275/65R20) Falken Wildpeak AT3W previously on my 08 LX. After that experience and seeing others do 35x12.50's I think 35x11.50 will be easy breezy. I have a grinder and welder and did the BMC on my old FJ Cruiser. It's an easy job.

Now the question will be: Can I actually get my hands on these? I know I can buy them but actual availability seems challenging so far.
You're really making me reconsider the 34s XD. 1 step at a time so let's worry about these steelies first!

But yeah, that's what i'm hopefully going to figure out this week. With how many options out there are i am sure that we can find one with some availability. Which one in particular did you like? I'd recommend holding off before deciding because i am going to share a bunch with you guys (pretty much every option i find), and from there we can narrow it down as to who may be worth sending an email/phone call to.

The question right now is not whether or not we can get our hands on some, but rather, which ones are we interested in trying to put our hands on? It's just a matter of time from here bud.

You're really making me reconsider the 34s XD. 1 step at a time so let's worry about these steelies first!

But yeah, that's what i'm hopefully going to figure out this week. With how many options out there are i am sure that we can find one with some availability. Which one in particular did you like? I'd recommend holding off before deciding because i am going to share a bunch with you guys (pretty much every option i find), and from there we can narrow it down as to who may be worth sending an email/phone call to.

The question right now is not whether or not we can get our hands on some, but rather, which ones are we interested in trying to put our hands on? It's just a matter of time from here bud.

I think this style: 17x8 5 Stud Black Thunder Steel Rim 5/150, +30 suits Landcruiser 100/200 Series Pattern - https://www.huntsmanproducts.com.au/collections/17-inch-steel-wheel/products/17x8-5-stud-black-thunder-steel-rim-5-150-30-suits-landcruiser-100-200-series-pattern

Or the BlakTrak ones in your previous post are the ones I like best.

I think +30 offset is about perfect for the LX.

So i'm definitely starting to notice a pattern: either everyone is making the same pattern/style or everyone is getting the same ones from China and rebranding them.

They are all the same design as that one from huntsman, and the only noticeable difference is that they range from +30 to +40 offset. Also the finish on it can vary (different shades of white, black, matte and etc).

This is basically the options from every manufacturer, at least for "17x8 5x150s with about ~30 offset". The triangle pattern is sometimes called a "Sunraysia" style i think, then theres the "D" pattern that @tbisaacs mentioned. Can anyone explain this? Or are the claims that one is engineered to a higher standard than another all bogus?

Basically, do i need to only look at China as suppliers, or is it a coincidence that the Australian ones look exactly like the Chinese ones, as well as look exactly like all the other brand's wheels?

GenericOptions.PNG

The AU wheels are imported from China to AU first.

Depending on the storefront/vendor on Alibaba, the minimum orders are like: 4, 6, 10, 200, 5000 etc. Which I assume is the difference between the actual factory and some resellers, though I have no real info. Some rims, like the white one in the above picture, were widely available in AU for $60/each for the last 18 mths. They seem to be dwindling though. I never found anyone in AU who wanted to export just five.

The AU wheels are imported from China to AU first.

Depending on the storefront/vendor on Alibaba, the minimum orders are like: 4, 6, 10, 200, 5000 etc. Which I assume is the difference between the actual factory and some resellers, though I have no real info. Some rims, like the white one in the above picture, were widely available in AU for $60/each for the last 18 mths. They seem to be dwindling though. I never found anyone in AU who wanted to export just five.
I'll get some back don't worry.

This is what i am trying to decide on at the moment, so they can send me a sample set. That size is available for everything shown in images (minus the first option for fake beadlocks).

Options.PNG

options2.PNG

options3.PNG

sizes.PNG

Rs7!
Can they get the bore down to 110.1mm?
They asked me if i want 1150 or 1250 kg loading capacity, with the latter being more heavy. Waiting on answer regarding center bore and regarding weight per wheel at each loading capacity. Will report back soon.

Rs7!
Can they get the bore down to 110.1mm?
Confirmed bore can be brought down to 110 for the bigger order after the sample. Is a 113mm center bore sample going to screw me? Should i just skip the sample then? Also, these are a little more heavy at about 36 lbs (16.5 kg) and the beadlock is closer to 18kg as of right now. They did say that they can custom make some that are 15.5kg to match the other wheels if we wanted, but there is a minimum order for that.

Last edited:
Been a long day, will update you guys tomorrow.

I think i will just skip the sample and start polling mud and taking preorders soon, so i have a rough idea of how many of each to get. I'm thinking 20% beadlock 80% normal wheels, but thats harder said than done because beadlocks come in 5 x as many colors (i like black/red ring and vice versa but i understand some people may like looking like bumblebee). I also think i may be underestimating the preference towards beadlocks so will gladly take inputs there.

Going to work on finalizing prices this week, and all you guys need to know is that i wouldn't bring in anything from across the world that's intended for mud, unless i was absolutely sure you guys will be happy with it.

Here's a glimpse. I will share the catalog as soon as i settle on a manufacturer.

jal5.jpg

jal4.jpg

jal3.jpg

jal2.jpg

jal1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the sku count will get out of control fast. Wheels are super personal for some reason.
there is also a wheel and tire forum on mud to cross post into.

Are you considering running beadlocks as your daily?

Are you considering running beadlocks as your daily?
Considering it, yes. Likely won’t go with them because I can’t imagine actually needing them, but I am pretty uneducated on that. They do look sweet though.

Yeah the sku count will get out of control fast. Wheels are super personal for some reason.
there is also a wheel and tire forum on mud to cross post into.
Right, so i shouldn't share this? Some people just like having a nice pair of sneakers I guess, it’s one of the few ways they can add personality/express themselves through the exterior. I could care less about the shoes on my feet, but I wouldn’t mind some rims that compliment the 200 well. Even as a stock vehicle I think the 08 LX looks great, and I want to be mindful as I mod it so that I don’t take away from that. Good thing I think the plain steelies look great, especially with the right cap on it.

This is every model available for the size we requested, from JAL anyways.
17x8
5x150
110mm bore
15.5kg per wheel for non beadlocks (can be heavier if we'd like)
+30 offset

Jal1.PNG

JAL-A07-1.PNG

JAL-A07-2.PNG

JAL-A08-1.PNG

JAL-A08-2.PNG

JAL-A17-1.PNG

JAL-A17-2.PNG

This is going to keep me up at night.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not really interested in the steelies as i just went through the trouble or procuring 5 RWs, but I like the D-hole versions. Maybe one with a big flat cap and you can get some of these "TEQ" decals to finish it off.

Right, so i shouldn't share this?
No, I meant to get more volume it is another place to generate interest.
Still think one sku though.

Considering it, yes. Likely won’t go with them because I can’t imagine actually needing them, but I am pretty uneducated on that. They do look sweet though.

I wouldn't. Most all tire shops won't mount/balance beadlocks, so you're doing that yourself. It's not hard, but just time consuming. I have 2 different beadlocks (Method 101s and Innov8 G400s) and both require you to retorque the bolts every 250 miles, and replace the bolts every time you change tires or once a year. There's a long list of things to do to run them that shouldn't be ignored. Lastly, and I HATE to be the one saying this, but if you're going to be diving into beadlocks, spend the money. It's just not a place to cheap out. Look at Raceline RT51s if you are set on steelies.

We can get a custom logo put on these. I’m thinking about slapping a mud logo on the steelies itself and a LC 200 graphic on the cap.

And yeah I’m good on the beadlocks, wouldn’t want to ruin my lifetime alignment value through Firestone xD. Also didn’t realize those steelies you linked were a fit for the 200. I’ve been looking for very specific specs.

Just to confirm the ideal specs before we begin to finalize prices and arrange for production/shipping.

Wheel Dimensions: 17x8 inches
Hub Diameter: 110mm
Lug Pattern: 5x150
Offset: +30
Weight: 15.5kg/34 Lbs per wheel non beadlock (real beadlock add 2-3 lbs, fake beadlock a little less)
Logo on wheel: ih8mud logo??
Logo on Cap: LX200 Graphic? Maybe an outline of @grinchy's rig because of those fat 35s? Grinchmeister, do you want to be on all our hub caps?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom