Builds 2008 LX Live Camera Car and Overlanding Build. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah the money is definitely why I don’t already have a set. I am curious, don’t forget I’m total tire and rims noob here, what are the ones for you? I am only aware of a few variations; This one, 18 inch ones, and one with a different ring around it? I honestly don’t know the difference, other than I think one drains water better from the rim well on the inside.

This set is 5 for 1250, I figured at 250 per wheel, if he agrees to meet me In LCDC with them, that is not much more than what I would’ve spent on ICONs or another brand, and I don’t imagine that they’d come close when you consider everything.

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything that would make me reconsider that this will be the last set of rims I’ll ever need for this 200 and the next. Thanks Professor.

I think it's just visual preference for most people. Personally, I can't stand that the 5 lug nuts don't line up with the 6 spokes 😂

17" steelies. Have to import. Not a style seen frequently on here.

I think it's just visual preference for most people. Personally, I can't stand that the 5 lug nuts don't line up with the 6 spokes 😂

Lol! For someone like me who could care less about how it looks, i have just heard others on here say they are good for things like offset, weight, fitment, strength and etc.

I just don’t want to do something like get cheap 200-400 dollar tundra rims now, and then upgrade to something like this later down the road. Doing it that way comes with a higher long-term cost.

17" steelies. Have to import.

Oh right, I do remember you saying that now. I always thought those videos of people banging/going at it on their Steelies were pretty funny. It’s nice to have that option!

Just trying to figure out if I should budget for this this month, and begin looking for a used set of tires /good deal for a new set for them, or hold out for a different route. 17s that are the right width and offset is not easy to find, especially used on Craigslist. And if I consider new, I’d rather get these used instead when compared to similar-priced ones new. This is unless I am missing something which is why I ask.

If it’s purely aesthetics, I’ll pass. If, for the price And practicality aspect, it really is good bang for my bucks, then I can move forward with the planning. Keep In mind that whatever wheels I end up getting, that I will be getting a TON of use out of it. I haven’t even began my travels and already looking at 20k miles in about 6 months.

And hey, If it looks good as well as being practical, then that’s a lot of icing on the cake if you consider that I’m going to end up looking at these things probably a hundred thousand times, or more, by the time it’s all said and done. To me all the little moments of stopping to smell the roses, and being really happy with what I have, well that has value too. It will be the same feeling I get when I look at the LX and realize there is nothing else I’d rather have, and every single time I am really happy that I held out and put in the extra time and effort for it.

On that note, to a certain extent, the extra price is worth it. But my point is that the practicality part has to come first. The LX is worth it, because above all else, it is practical and very capable. It’s just a whole lot of extra icings on the cake, when you realize everything else that’s stacked up on top of the capability and reliability; meaning that it looks quite good amongst other reasons.

Last edited:
Rock warriors a solid choice many would say best choice. Great tire selection new and use in 17". You won't have any problem reselling if you don't dig it for some reason.

I think the lesson here is that my mind works in a way that I can justify almost anything, and I’m asking you guys to stop me if I am making a bad impulse decision here. If I am not, then all I need is your thumbs up to move forward. I can’t run from dealing with tires and rims for too long, and LCDC being around the corner is a big reason to address it sooner than later.

Thanks for watching over me, and just a reminder, I am really grateful for you guys. (And Gals!).

Rock warriors a solid choice many would say best choice. Great tire selection new and use in 17". You won't have any problem reselling if you don't dig it for some reason.

Thanks brother. Your approval alone is enough, as I have a ton of respect for what you have to say, and for what mudders in general has to say when it comes to these things.

This saves me from being consumed by tires and wheel choices this month, thus freeing me to work on other things I want to focus on! Now we just hope that he is willing to meet me in Colorado so I can keep costs down, as well as is willing to hold them this month for me. Fingers crossed!

Maybe venmo a down payment?

Damn you’re good! I was just thinking that as I was wrapping up the post and saying I hope he holds them! And then I forgot about it shortly after. Story of my life.

I’m on it now. @Knowbuddy @dwcruiser what do you guys think? Can I put down a deposit and can we work something out to get it to LCDC for me? Would be amazing if we could.

Thanks again guys!

Damn you’re good! I was just thinking that as I was wrapping up the post and saying I hope he holds them! And then I forgot about it shortly after. Story of my life.

I’m on it now. @Knowbuddy @dwcruiser what do you guys think? Can I put down a deposit and can we work something out to get it to LCDC for me? Would be amazing if we could.

Thanks again guys!
Gotta wait for Hayden to chime in. They are his after all

Escrow.com, safefunds.com etc

Never used one before but I will look into it. Only time I’ve heard of them is when someone is trying to scam me through craigslist lol. Thanks for the lead boss.

Never used one before but I will look into it. Only time I’ve heard of them is when someone is trying to scam me through craigslist lol. Thanks for the lead boss.
That's a shame. It's a legitimate way to do a distance transaction and protect buyer and seller. For something with a time component or down payment can also be very useful.

Why stop there? But most do, yes.

Again, I preface everything I say on here with “total noob here”, but I was under the impression that at 34s, I can get away with not changing out the gears, but at 35, I’m reading that you should really regear?

That's a shame. It's a legitimate way to do a distance transaction and protect buyer and seller. For something with a time component or down payment can also be very useful.

Noted, and thank you for educating me on that.

You could do PayPal secured deposit and then pay cash at time is sale and have him refund the deposit. I do this all the time and it save buyer/purchaser the PayPal fees.

I live the RW wheels and they will look great on your truck. They are a good investment too, you can always sell them down the road if needed!

Recently put a set on my 08...

F6CD6B2C-8826-4F8A-A878-1E99365D4BA5.jpeg

If you decide to go this route, make sure to abandon the locking lugs or you will be spending money on 19mm sockets you get them off!

You could do PayPal secured deposit and then pay cash at time is sale and have him refund the deposit. I do this all the time and it save buyer/purchaser the PayPal fees.

I love the RW wheels and they will look great on your truck. They are a good investment too, you can always sell them down the road if needed!

Recently put a set on my 08...

View attachment 2361240

Thank you for the advice brother, much appreciated.

Let me preface this by saying I am lucky to have you guys looking out for me.

With that said, the truth is I have a lot of faith in people, and I don’t plan on believing even for a second that @Knowbuddy here would ever not hold up his end of the deal with me, if he agreed to it. If he agrees to work things out with me, then I trust him enough to ask for a reasonable deposit, as well as trust him to hold up his end even if I Venmo the deposit without some sort of buyer protection. I don’t want to make things complicated for him while he is giving me a good deal and doing me a big favor if he can bring them to LCDC.

I think Venmo is the easiest, if he has it, or I can go with whatever is easiest for him. I have @dwcruiser looking over me as well so I’m really not worried. He can give me his address if things go south, and I’ll go ruin a few hundred dollars worth of his beautiful grass with my 20 inch rims and street tires if I have to. I’m kidding guys, Point is I’m not worried about seller potentially scamming me.

I do it all the time and vast, VAST majority of the time people are good for it, so I’m not about to complicate things for everyone else - vast majority of whom are ultimately innocent and trustworthy.

So Maybe a 10-20% deposit if we work out a deal, and I send it in whatever way most convenient for him? There is always the chance he wakes up and chimes in, and just offer to take cash when I meet him.

Whatever happens I’m okay with it, and I really do appreciate you guys looking over me to make sure I don’t get scammed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom