2006 non nav info. Part numbers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@TXSunDevil , do you think the AC amplifier we have now in 2006 is any different than the non nav version AC amplifier? They seem like the same thing, but different part numbers.
In the book it does not list a separate AC amp, it just designates W or W/O Nav. Seems to me the three connectors are the same and only about 6 wires are either deleted or added.

on the m9 connector, Seems right to me. Looks like- body ecu, Theft ecu, transponder key ecu. Then looks like combination meter plug c14(c) from the dashboard has two wires that go to M9 also.

#1-UART+ green/white from combo meter C14 pin17
#2-UART- green/black from combo meter C14 pin16
#3- DR white/blue to from body ecu, that's the m5a nav display connector pin 17
#4- ILL- white/green from M5 plug pin#2
#5- ILL+ green from M5 plug pin#1
#8- ground white/black
#9- battery+ blue/white, 10A fused ECU B1
#10- ACC, grey, 7.5A ACC fuse
#11- IG black/white 10A ECU-IG1 fuse
#14- security green/red from theft deterrent and key transponder, also from MDF connector m5(a) pin 21,
#15 open
#16 AC temp pink/blue from AC amp connector A47... comes from existing AC amp, A47 pin1

parts list

CLIMATE CONTROL

55902-60110 PANEL SUB ASSY, A/C
55912-60150 (ACTUAL PART # ON PLASTIC 688683-0020) HOUSING, HEATER CONTROL,
84014-60190 BOARD SUB-ASSY, PRINTED WIRE INTEGRATION partsouk. UP TO jan 2006 production only
88650-60B80- AC amp
55905-60780 KNOB, HEATER CONTROL

CLOCK
83240-60220 CASE ASSY
83265-60220 COMPUTER
DD fascia, this is a good piece, comes with side panels for D Din. Double Din Car Raido Facia for LEXUS LX-470 TOYOTA Land Cruiser 100 2003-2007 | eBay

non nav brackets 8620860030 (left) 8620760030 (right)

Last edited:
8 of the 10 pieces from above.

IMG_20180108_125649 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Good evening Jerry. I am not sure exactly what you are asking. When I went from a 2002 Nav to Non-Nav I had a different AC amplifier part number. Either AC amplifier will run the AC system. On the Nav units the AC amplifier mounts next to the TV screen. On the 3 knob it is built in to the controller. Imagine it like changing thermostats in your home ac system. In order to determine what wires will need to go to the M9 plug you will have to trace out each component. By looking at your list I think you have already done that. For example in your diagram the DR terminal off of M9 goes to the Blue wire and it ends up at terminal C5 on the Body ECU. So what I would do is find the Body ECU in the FSM and look at terminal C5. I have found the Body ECU here

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 6.15.23 PM.png

If you find C5 or 5C as it is labeled on the Body ECU you will follow it and see it goes to M9 terminal 3 which is called B3 in this diagram. But here is where it also gives you the Nav pinout. It shows if there is navigation the C5 goes to A17. Which is relay M5 terminal 17. So you would remove terminal 17 from M5 and put it on the new M9 terminal you would have to buy or source. I copied these shots that show the only difference between the nav and non nav. On the 2002 I disconnected I think 4 plugs off the old MFD and left them disconnected. They were not used with the 3 knob system. I do believe the back up camera would need to be disconnect and abandoned unless there is a way to make it work with a new Double DIN
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 6.17.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 6.17.55 PM.png

You can see that the differences are minimal. I am slightly concerned about the location of the connectors on the two different vehicle. It shows the navigation plugs lower than the other. You would have to pull the center to determine if they were long enough or if you would have to add wire. When I did mine I went through them all wire by wire with the FSM before I started. I accounted for every wire on the old system and new system that way I was certain that all systems were accounted for. I am using a PDF version I found online from a 2004 that can be found here.
http://toyotacar-co.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ATBxcnxM9L64JTlQY_AHVDQhkusEnbY9.pdf

It was much easier to do this with the FSM because you can mark the important pages. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I was going on the assumption that the new ac amp is the same black box with three connectors on it and nothing else. The defroster fan switch is the little thing thing with the rear, and defrost and heat thing here
03 04 05 06 07 Toyota Land Cruiser Defrost Rear Fan Switch Control 84010-60550 | eBay

I was thinking maybe I was wrong and that was the AC amp, or that we are talking about two different things.
My ac amp is just a black box with three connectors on it.

So I'm wondering how it's different from the part number in the list. Seems like we or i wouldn't need a new ac amp. Either way I'm going to look when it gets above 50 degrees out. Right now that black box in mine is just resting as it lays, I never even put it back onto it's brackets.

I believe we're talking about the same thing, just that the 02 and earlier have a different version.
Here are some pics. If I'm wrong maybe point it out for me.
Thanks.

now that I wrote on that pic i realize without the screen there was nothing to bolt it to when I put the double din in there. Right now it's just laying down. If it turns out true that a new AC amp isn't needed that cuts the cost down to less than $900.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
When I removed my 2002 NAV I had a similar black box. It was bolted to my TV screen. Here is the photo.
IMG_2764.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG
That was replaced with this 3 knob controller. This 3 knob controller became my new "amplifier". If you look at the back of this second picture you can see the amplifier that is inside of the new 3 knob. It appears to be 88650-60401 on the purple tag which is a Toyota Amplifier, however I bought the entire 3 knob controller with all of the knobs and amplifier for $75 used. You can see this is part #84010-60171. This part does not appear in many online searches except for Ebay but it is a Toyota part.
IMG_1489.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG

I am looking online at parts for a 2006 LC. They are actually showing 2 separate options. They show a 3 knob with part #8865060810 and a push button with part # 8401460190.

8401460190 is the part that goes behind this thing
download.jpg

8865060810 - I don't know this one. But it is an ac amp. There are VX LCs with three knob controllers. I saw one real picture earlier on a russian forum. But I don't really know for sure. Those guys seem to be converting the VX regular to the VX comfort edition with the button edition that we all have.

There are also part numbers with a letter in them, those seem to be units that include the plastic and the circuit controller together like the one in that thread. Thanks for that page link.
I'm going to keep plugging away at it. I ordered a few things today.

I forgot to say before, you mentioned the back up cam. Yes you can make the 6 volt toyota back up cam work on any double din head unit. Just need a transistor and delete the backup cam ECU.

Last edited:
@jerryb

Check with @2001LC- he’s got a non-nav 2006 and might be able to help answer some questions.

thanks buck, we've exchanged messages. I haven't asked him but I assumed he isn't going to open up that dash anytime soon from earlier conversations.

I don't know why I didn't open the book and look at this, but it explains the ac amp thing. Pics should be self explanatory. It means that you absolutely need the AC amp and the board for a total of 700 at the cheapest and 1100 from a dealer unless you can find used.

Untitled2.jpg

non nav2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

View attachment 1602351

Last edited:
That is a great breakdown Jerry. Does that manual show any 3 knob option? When I look at the 2006 parts schematic I see this page.
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 9.38.18 AM.png
The problem is I don't see any part number for that bezel on the screen. It just makes me wonder if a 3 knob could be used in lieu of the digital controller. In the other thread one of our members successfully swapped his Lexus digital for the 3 knob controller.

All I can do for now is post what my Toyota parts guy came up with for part number of radio, based on my VIN and show picture of face.
"Hi Paul,
I finally think I have it figured out.
The JBL 3 in 1 AM/FMCass/6Disc w/7 Speakers W/satellite Radio Capability and Rear seat Audio (Sheesh!!) is part # 86120-60593.
It shows a Pioneer ID # P6855 and was used in 2004-2007 L/C's"

As you can see the radio and faceplate was replaced with aftermarket. The climate control is factory installed in this VX model 07LC.
07LC VX 003a.jpg

yes. It's in there from the cheapest, 3rd world places, the VX landcruiser. Like the click knobs in pre 2003. Every once in a while you see that if you search a lot. The vx comfort edition is the one like the US non nav 2006. Eastern Europe I think.
The original list stands, you need it all plus brackets to be original. And the M9 connector and I think some C connectors. that's all I got until I get some parts in.

Last edited:
yes. It's in there from the cheapest, 3rd world places, the VX landcruiser. Like the click knobs in pre 2003. Every once in a while you see that if you search a lot. The vx comfort edition is the one like the US non nav 2006. Eastern Europe I think.
The original list stands, you need it all plus brackets to be original. And the M9 connector and I think some C connectors. that's all I got until I get some parts in.
Great. Can't wait to see you begin. Are you sure those are the correct brackets for the radio? I think those will work with the factory non nav radio. I was thinking since you are converting to the Double DIN you may use part #86211-60071 and 86212-60071. I don't think we will know for sure until you get it apart though.
EDIT: The more I look at it I think you ordered the correct brackets. The new dash kit is at an angle. The parts I listed will keep the stereo flat.

Last edited:
hey TX, I'm going to post this for the M9. It's not like the pre 03 thread worksheet though with the boxes. If you want to make something else feel free- or please do. I normally hand write them all out with notes and then type later. Paul got me jacked up about removing the screen all the way when he asked about the non nav stereo pin out. It's been down hill since then.

I've kept up with most of the pre 03 thread, I understand your reasoning asking about the three knob for post 03. I just don't think it's as plentiful, or as appealing cosmetically as the 700$ solution and I'm already down the push button road. It is hard to swallow. If you add up the stuff in red it's 545$ shipping included. I've bought that, but I haven't bought the most expensive parts, AC amp and the BOARD SUB-ASSY, PRINTED WIRE INTEGRATION. I have some emails out looking for those two pieces.

on the brackets- I've had three different stereos in there and mine are a little worse for wear. You're right though, someone could use either I believe (I did). For a clean double din install someone should used the stock non nav brakets. The set up will be better considering the HU will be in a lower position relative to ground than the stock nav screen, also better angle relative to diver.

keep in mind this is not 100% accurate and right now it's all bench racing.

Attachments

• M9 connector.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Looks good Jerry. I just went through all of them and I think you are spot on. Only issue I see if on Pin 1 and 2 there may not be any wiring there. C14 shows to be above the steering wheel and maybe need to find out when you pull the radio off? I have written down all of the other pin locations and I will begin working on the others. I am not sure how to save and upload a pdf but I am taking notes on a scratch pad. I just bought a 2006 EWD off Ebay and it should be here in a few days. The other thing to consider is whether you can utilize the Toyota camera with your new head deck. I will start doing pinouts for a45 and a46 if you want to do the others and we can compare notes

Last edited:
don't forget I already have a pioneer nex in there, but it's in pioneers hands getting fixed at the moment.
*I'm really hoping the green/black and green/white are in there at the Iu4 or Ib2 junctions. I bet they are.

maybe I should write this down so you get an idea of where I'm coming from.
I've already deleted these units. And yes you keep the stock six volt cam and make it work with new double din. (transistor)

deleted items.
stereo amp
nav ecu
back up cam ecu also called television ecu - but keep the camera
rear seat audio controls
rear wiper and relay
auto antenna and relay
dvd changer
radio and player
top microphone

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Jerry,

I sent you a completed pinout sheet. Please note some of the changes I made. It was all I could do to convert it to a pdf. Can you add this to the one you have. I did all of the relevant connectors. All of the R connectors will be used for the new stereo. I did not see a Metra type harness for the 2003-2007 Head Unit.

Tx and Jerry - I just sold my 2006 non-nav to a friend last week, so if you want me to pull the AC/heater control unit out and check the AC amp to compare it to the Nav unit, I can do so this weekend. Let me know if there are any particular photos I can take for comparison/research purposes and I'll post them.

Tx and Jerry - I just sold my 2006 non-nav to a friend last week, so if you want me to pull the AC/heater control unit out and check the AC amp to compare it to the Nav unit, I can do so this weekend. Let me know if there are any particular photos I can take for comparison/research purposes and I'll post them.

than would be awesome. Pics of the upper security screen back plug- that's a 16 pin, close up, thats the topmost unit.
And the lower AC amp / heater housing connectors (3) with two rows of 40 or so wires. The colors and open slots would really help.
If you need pictures to better explain I can email or post. Thanks man.

Info PartSouq <info@partsouq.com>
3:33 AM (4 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Jerry.

Thank you for contacting us.
in our history of sales, we never sold this part, 88650-60810
I checked the dealers inventory as well, none of them has it in stock, means we are unable to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom