2006 non nav info. Part numbers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I updated the first post for a final parts list. Everything works like it should. I will make different thread with more pics and info.
IMG_20180117_102249.jpg

It appears the contour of the dash changed quite a bit between 2002 and 2003. It doesn't look like it will fit. We also compared wiring diagrams and determined there were some differences that couldn't be easily explained. The terminal markings were different between the years so it makes it hard to determine the function.

Understood. Thanks for the info. As far as the setup he has, does the "MODE" button switch where the HVAC system distributes the air? IE: face, face/feet, feet, feet/defrost?

Amazing thread. And timely. Thanks to jerryb and TxSunDevil!!

I'm waiting on my 06 LX470 and am already perusing the boards to convert my Nav to non-nav controls so I can update my head unit.

Just to clarify, the parts list is up to date and you have the controls working?

Thanks!!

yes it all works normally. The one difference in the after Jan 2006 and 7 is the yellow airbag indicator light, dummy light if you like that term. It is a mid cycle production change. For the LC it means the other part # listed in the non nav thread for the LC, that part is still available.
For the LX it's a different story.
the harnesses work all the way around, two additional wires for the mentioned LCs above. There's only a few thousand of these around anyway, and a few thousand more of the LXs. If in doubt just message me.
I can't see any other surprises coming. All the harnesses and wires and the extras I've been looking at since Dec have been addressed.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the info, I have all the parts coming and starting my research within the cruiser and ran into a wall.

My stereo plug does not match any wiring diagram that I can find, I am trying to retain the factory amp for the time being and have all the harnesses. All drawings show pink, yellow, red, white and signal ground for the feed to the amp. My colors do not match at all and have no signal ground?

Anybody know why this is?

It is a 2006 HDJ100, 4.2 Diesel, bluetooth phone, Navigation, rear seat entertainment, RHD.

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

Hi guys

Thanks for all the info, I have all the parts coming and starting my research within the cruiser and ran into a wall.

My stereo plug does not match any wiring diagram that I can find, I am trying to retain the factory amp for the time being and have all the harnesses. All drawings show pink, yellow, red, white and signal ground for the feed to the amp. My colors do not match at all and have no signal ground?

Anybody know why this is?

It is a 2006 HDJ100, 4.2 Diesel, bluetooth phone, Navigation, rear seat entertainment, RHD.

View attachment 2188121

View attachment 2188122
How is it going for you? I'm thinking of dropping my Tesla style solution and jumping on this. Were you successful?

Reading this again makes me want to redo it. Lots of tiny errors and missing info that's been found out. But it's all been posted on the main non nav thread.
There's good info also, but if any questions I'll do my best to answer.

One thing I'm glad about this thread is the parts prices from Dec 2017. Some are sky high and others aren't up so much.

They are all still available. Minus the 60350 circuit board for post jan 2006 units.

Last edited:
One thing I'm glad about this thread is the parts prices from Dec 2017. Some are sky high and others aren't up so much.

They are all still available. Minus the 60350 circuit board for post jan 2006 units.

I'm going to sell a complete unit with harnesses in the coming weeks.
Just haven't decided on which ac amp to order. Model year dependant. Probably the 60b80 for 04 to jan 2006.
In 3.5 years we've single handedly created the demand and exhausted supplies.

Brackets and the black box together are 100+$
I have a 2006 that needs to be converted, are you still making the harness and are parts still available?

I have a 2006 that needs to be converted, are you still making the harness and are parts still available?
Hey man,

I may have the harnesses I can send your way for what I paid. I had an '06 planned for the convert and Jerry may be able to confirm they're good for you too.

I'll PM ya.

they are backwards compatible. As long as @Ontherocks345 has the two extra wires in his then selling it to anyone works.

Last edited:
Question, now that I have all the parts needed. Will an aftermarket stereo work with the factory amp and speakers or does that require a new amp and wiring as well?

Edit 2006 Land Cruiser

Last edited:
Most likely you with new amp. if you reuse old amp and delete the navigation computer, you need to take care something like the front left door speaker connection.

1699979236766.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom