200 Series Toyota grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a grill for the 200 series (2008) with Toyota letters? One that looks like the first FJ80s or a FJ60 grill.

Maybe something like this? I got a black powder coated steel hex grille from LandCruiserGrills.com that uses the 70 series TOYOTA badge. It would be great for an early 200 - mine was a '13 and it messed up pcs and radar cruise because of the metal, so I never used it beyond a test fit. The early models didn't have those systems.

A1F9EF99-B7FC-4C70-B235-BD3E50243FB1.jpeg

I got a honeycomb grill off eBay. Painted it black and added the emblem of a 70 series. Think all in it was about $120View attachment 3270980View attachment 3270986
I did that too on my former '13. Pretty easy and inexpensive to do. I like the look too. I didn't live the hokey way I had to attach the badge though - it was a bit agricultural if you looked at it up close.

2AEA4D8C-451A-4617-9E43-2063B4B7A3F9.jpeg

I did that too on my former '13. Pretty easy and inexpensive to do. I like the look too. I didn't live the hokey way I had to attach the badge though - it was a bit agricultural if you looked at it up close.

View attachment 3271167
Former 2013? You willingly parted ways with an Amazon Green 200 Series Cruiser???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

@Al Grain, , if tablerockFJ is not interested in your grille, I may very well be, depending what you're asking is and the cost of shipping to Denver. Thanks ,Mitch

Last edited:

View attachment 3271167

Did you buy a chrome one and paint it black? Do you have a link to the ‘Toyota’ logo or did you just grab one off eBay? How did you secure the logo to the grill?

Thanks!

Yes, I purchased an inexpensive chrome one, scuffed it with a brown 3m pad, cleaned it with acetone, and sprayed it with SEM trim black (just what I had handy). I purchased a genuine Toyota 70 series badge. I attached it with a plastic fender washer and screw, plus two think zip ties. Too much metal can mess with the millimeter wave radar sensor, that is why a plastic fender washer not a metal one.

I really dig this TRD Pro/Heritage style grille for the 2016+ 200, they black out the 'Toyota' in the listing I guess for copyright reasons but it's there. The illuminated/integrated running light section is kinda cool but I could take it or leave it. The main drawback to these Chicom grilles is that they don't accommodate the front facing camera so you still have to modify it for that mount. I keep hoping that they will eventually integrate the camera mount because it would satisfy the look and blacking out the grille without having to paint.

Here is a pic of one on a well known @IG account. Notice that he modified the grille to mount the front facing camera.

HqEDyBU.jpg

xUOBBFa.jpg

Last edited:
Do people find the front camera useful at all?

Not sure about later model but on my 2013 between having the resolution of a potato and the poor management of glare and such I winced every time I saw what it put on the screen. So when I modified my grille for a light bar I just removed the camera. And don’t miss it at all.

Now it’s just a black screen, no errors or anything.

Personally no camera provision wouldn’t keep me from a grille, if it could accommodate the radar on my model.

Do people find the front camera useful at all?

Not sure about later model but on my 2013 between having the resolution of a potato and the poor management of glare and such I winced every time I saw what it put on the screen. So when I modified my grille for a light bar I just removed the camera. And don’t miss it at all.

Now it’s just a black screen, no errors or anything.

Personally no camera provision wouldn’t keep me from a grille, if it could accommodate the radar on my model.
I would think you could splice in a newer camera maybe? But who knows…they like to throw in some dumb proprietary rotary durder wire every now and then.

I really dig this TRD Pro/Heritage style grille for the 2016+ 200, they black out the 'Toyota' in the listing I guess for copyright reasons but it's there. The illuminated/integrated running light section is kinda cool but I could take it or leave it. The main drawback to these Chicom grilles is that they don't accommodate the front facing camera so you still have to modify it for that mount. I keep hoping that they will eventually integrate the camera mount because it would satisfy the look and blacking out the grille without having to paint.

Here is a pic of one on a well known @IG account. Notice that he modified the grille to mount the front facing camera.

HqEDyBU.jpg

xUOBBFa.jpg

That's the best looking 200 series grille I've seen yet.

That's the best looking 200 series grille I've seen yet.

I agree. It's Chinese crap though. He said the first one arrived defective, then the second one the LED part of the 'Toyota' didn't work so he's on the third one now lol. It would be very simple for them to make a mount for the camera in the mold but they don't provide that and it's clearly stated in the ad for it on ebay. He ended up making something work but said he isn't totally pleased with his solution and wished it had that provision as well.

HqEDyBU.jpg

xUOBBFa.jpg
I wonder if it supports the dynamic radar cruise that mounts behind the logo on the OEM grille.

I wonder if it supports the dynamic radar cruise that mounts behind the logo on the OEM grille.

It does not, another drawback which is why I haven't bought one myself.

I would think you could splice in a newer camera maybe? But who knows…they like to throw in some dumb proprietary rotary durder wire every now and then.
I'm not sure whether the resolution limit is the camera or the screen.. but even if it was a much better image I just couldn't see myself using it often. Whole different paradigm than the rear facing camera.

It does not, another drawback which is why I haven't bought one myself.
Seems like aftermarket grill options will be pretty limited due to the dynamic cruise. That is the one feature I do use a lot on the freeway.

I do use my camera to park in my garage (a convenience, but not necessary) and occasionally offroading, and the resolution is good enough for me in my 16. Seems like the screen may be the limiting factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom