200 series rear bumper master thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who makes rear bumper options for 200 series? I can think of:

1-Dissent
2-Slee
3-Kaymar
4-Dobinsons

Any others? I'm looking for options to research for carrying a spare tire. I won't need Jerry can capacity and don't like the ladder at this point (light wheeling and mall crawling until age/mileage catch up). TIA!

A few more that come to mind are:
ARB
Victory 4x4
RLC

CBI could be on that list but they wanna suck as usual.

I have a Gobi-X rear bar, made in South Africa, and is awesome. No issues or interference with AHC.

20220306_153900.jpg

20221117_140917.jpg

Is that an under carriage car wash?

That is cool. I want one :cool:

Nice shots of your 200, bumper looks great. Is that a water tank underneath in the factory spare location?
I wish I had kept it that way honestly, I have fuel in them for when needed, but I think I would get much more use out of them if I had set them up for water storage.

What is the name of that tank / product in the factory spare location?

What is the name of that tank / product in the factory spare location?
I found this one online. Not sure if it’s the same. Cool design and stackable. Pricey though.

I found this one online. Not sure if it’s the same. Cool design and stackable. Pricey though.
Yes, that's them. They definitely would have been worth the purchase had I kept them as water tanks and not put fuel in them. Getting them out from underneath the truck at gas stations in order to refill them is not always a pleasant experience. However, they are quite a few people that have made onboard water storage systems out of them which I think is fantastic and I wish I had chosen to do that instead.

Gobi-X is available from OK4wd in the US on a special order basis last time I checked.
I can't recommend this bumper enough, but with one caveat, unless they started making US spec versions in the last year or so, these are made for the European and South African 200 series which don't come from the factory with the integrated hitch. That means you'll either have to cut off the factory hitch (bad idea IMHO) or cut a hole in the bumper to let the factory hitch pass through. Not terribly complicated, but definitely a PITA. I would do it 10 times over though, I love this bumper. It's one piece of folded steel that is internally braced. It's surprisingly light for what it is. I don't have an exact weight for it, but I had to take it on and off the truck a lot trying to cut the factory hitch to fit and I had no issues lifting it on and off by hand. Here's a video of a really nice walk through of the bumper and how it's made Gobi-X rear bumper for 100 series .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom