This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I am just about to hit 195k in my 2011 LX570 and want to prepare for 200k and start gathering parts.

I bought the truck last year in March with 160k miles. I drive it daily to work and trips

Since then I have done the following between 160k-170k

- New Radiator, WP, hoses, pulleys, belt, spark plugs
- New PCV valve and hoses
- Trans drain and fill
- Diff and T-case fluids
- Brake pads and rotors
- All fluids
- All filters
- Starter
- New AHC globes and fluid

All items above are preventive maintenance.

I am doing new inner outer tie rods tonight and at 200k I plan to do

- Diff and tcase fluids again
- Coolant flush again?
- Heater Ts
- Highly debating on alternator but planning not to touch it for now

Anything else I should plan for or do?

Last edited:
I just read through it,

I do see people’s point on not touching the transmission if it’s never been serviced due to clutch pack debris keeping everything in place.

im a big fan or drain and fill, and my LX has had transmission fluid changes prior according to the records.

I dropped the pan replaced the filter/strainer and put in new fluid.

A few months later doing another drain and fill.

I think drain and fills over time are better than flushing. But I’m not a mechanic

Also I replaced both inner and outer tie rods, boots and hardware last night.

Passenger side outer tie rod was seized and I had excessive play on the outer tie rod.

Inner and the other out tie rod had normal play I’d expect for 195k miles.

Starter replaced yet? That’s a random failure that would leave you stranded.

I'm curious about this as well, but for an LC, but do the engine/trans mounts need replacing? I've got a "loose" feeling and overall shimmy over certain road conditions, so curious about various mounts, including body. Is it common to need replacing? I assumed their fairly solid

I'm curious about this as well, but for an LC, but do the engine/trans mounts need replacing? I've got a "loose" feeling and overall shimmy over certain road conditions, so curious about various mounts, including body. Is it common to need replacing? I assumed their fairly solid
Motor mounts on mine still feel good, loose feeling could be many things

you have a pretty good list. Maybe the following:
* cabin air filter
* grease the zirks on your drive shafts and ujoints
* check your front ball joints. Sometimes they're fine forever. Sometimes they need love
* flush your power steering fluid a couple times

If the alternator is not having issues I would maybe just make sure its clean and leave it alone. Personally I would trust OEM Japanese installed alternator on these trucks more than a new replacement that may or may not have been made in Japan.

When you do the heater tees, replace the hoses too. They come as a pre-assembled set when ordered from Toyota. Mine blew when I was on Hell's Gate. Luckily, there were some smart guys with me that helped me use the rear heater hoses to bypass and keep the coolant flowing up front. I had no read heat but it was October in Moab so I wasn't concerned.

you have a pretty good list. Maybe the following:
* cabin air filter
* grease the zirks on your drive shafts and ujoints
* check your front ball joints. Sometimes they're fine forever. Sometimes they need love
* flush your power steering fluid a couple times

If the alternator is not having issues I would maybe just make sure its clean and leave it alone. Personally I would trust OEM Japanese installed alternator on these trucks more than a new replacement that may or may not have been made in Japan.
Good call on checking the ball joints,

Air filters, zirks and power steering fluid are done as well I check on those every 5k miles.

I just started getting clicking on my front Driver side when I turn the wheel at full lock so I need to check if something came loose or if its my CV.

If it is I wonder if I damaged it going up a hill climb and then turning hard driver side as I was existing, center diff locked in L with crawl control on.. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom