2 dudes, 2000 miles, 4 aircraft and an FJ45! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive lost count of the worn out parts I've replaced in the short time I've had the truck but one of the easiest was this one ...

I was working on some wiring when the back of the left headlight just fell off!
I think it was held on with hopes and dreams LOL

Went with these from city racer. For only $129 the light output compared with stock can't be beat

Dan, the rig is coming along nicely! It is definitely the feather in the STLCA cap!

Over the last couple of months Ive been working with Jason @reevesci over at Trail Tailor to design a one off custom bumper for the FJ45 (now known as "Lucille" -- named by my wife after the baseball bat in The Walking Dead that leaves everyone bloody!).

I wanted something with clean lines that would be functional as well as offer up some rear protection. I think Jason nailed it.
Few things to do to the frame before I mock it up. Need to make a spot for the license plate and plate light, clean up the frame and finish POR15 it, ensure the fit is where I want it then it will be off to powdercoat.

Who do you guys recommend for powder coating in Nashville?

bumper1.jpg

Looks like a stout bumper, Dan! Yeah, Jason at Trail Tailor has some nice looking work. How much does that sucker weigh in at? Will really help adding some weight once you get the OME springs installed!

Blast from the past in Lebanon does powder coating I believe. I don't have any experience with them though.

Fedex box said 72lbs!

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me Joel ....picked this lot up from Bobby at TPI .... $hit just got real!

2.5" OME lift

OME.jpg

Blast from the past in Lebanon does powder coating I believe. I don't have any experience with them though.

Thanks Monty, i'll look them up. Would like to use someone that is a mud member if possible to support the cause, or someone thats had some 1st hand experience

Last edited:
Smoking gun via ACC in ATL is the only PC that I know of with a direct connection to the cruiser community, but that's a haul. I am working with Middle TN powder coating and blasting to do a set of wheels for the GX. I just found them on Google, but the guy seemed nice and his price to blast and coat seemed fair. I will post more info once I get them finished up.

There's a vintage motorcycle shop here in Chattanooga that does finish powder coating. Speed Deluxe/Silent Cycle. The shop owner is a good guy - British but he wheeled 40s in Australia before moving to the States.

Got some wrenching done on the 45.

OME Steering stabilizer added, front springs and shocks on.

Hopefully get the rear springs and shocks added in the next couple of weeks. Thanks Joel for helping me beat the living crap out of the old girl!

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

More pics. Last one you can see the reverse stink bug look!

Rear's will be going on soon

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Looking good, man! Yeah, those OME rear springs are hard core!

LOL

While I'm letting the rear shackle bolts soak in Kroil for a few days I decided to brake out the welder and take on a spare tire carrier project I've been dreaming up ...

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

I dig it. One thing, does the tire touch the floor? Just wondering because if it does a new tire with less wear may be tight. And if you bump up a size you will have to shim the base.

I dig it. One thing, does the tire touch the floor? Just wondering because if it does a new tire with less wear may be tight. And if you bump up a size you will have to shim the base.

Hmm good point. Right now Ive taken the old front shock bushings and used them as a bridge between the bottom mounting point and the bed. This gives me just shy of an inch to allow the tire to be elevated from the bed.
It was kind of an after thought once I realized I may have trouble getting the tire off the mount as it would be wedged to the bed :doh:

I think if I go up a tire size as you mentioned from say 33's to 35's I may have to modify the mount or shim the base more like you said

Easy fix would be to get a piece of square tube (what you used for the vertical would probably work fine) and weld you base plate to that to give you extra height and then bolt thru the whole assembly. Your attachment point at the bed rail will steady it.

Thats good thinking. If I go to a bigger tire I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion! :beer:

:beer:

And by the way, super jealous of the 45. It is a beaut and makes me want one very badly.

All done! Pretty happy with the end result and more functional than it rolling around in the bed waiting to get stolen!

IMG_2199.JPG

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom