2" body lift on low km unmolested JDM 100 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great work so far! Having those fab skills is very impressive.

Also, I want a 'third eye' for my LHD truck but I don't think anyone makes it

Great work so far! Having those fab skills is very impressive.

Also, I want a 'third eye' for my LHD truck but I don't think anyone makes it
It’s kind of a silly little thing that doesn’t really help that much. I’m gonna take the mirror off on my other cruiser and turn it into a GMRS antenna mount.

Ha, the ‘third eye’ ….. I have only seen them in black plastic. Does the Cygnus come painted?
Not sure. My LC is galactic grey and when i ordered, it came colour matched.

Just because I am not that bright, you fabbed the spacer for the front and rear bumpers and the brackets for the ac condenser and rad? Any other hardware was ordered from NZ?

Not sure. My LC is galactic grey and when i ordered, it came colour matched.

Just because I am not that bright, you fabbed the spacer for the front and rear bumpers and the brackets for the ac condenser and rad? Any other hardware was ordered from NZ?
All the ‘kit’ was;

8x 2” aluminum pucks, with a hole drilled in the centre.

Grade 8 long zinc coated bolts, with matching washers and nylock nuts

A steering extension ( which is too long to fit, and clocks the steering column 90°, so requiring some alignment now) which was trash. Recommend buying one elsewhere, or making your own with 1.5 OEM couplers.

Do you intend to refresh any bushings or anything rubber products? I see it’s super low miles, but it is still 20+ years old. Just food for thought. Great job on your fabs and body lift, the wagon looks great!

Do you intend to refresh any bushings or anything rubber products? I see it’s super low miles, but it is still 20+ years old. Just food for thought. Great job on your fabs and body lift, the wagon looks great!
Not likely, unless it’s visibly dried out / cracked / etc.

I am tempted to leave the timing belt as is….but anxiety may get me to do it anyways.

Only thing I noticed whilst digging around, is the vent lines from the charcoal canister can use replacement. Likely do the can same time, keep the stink down.

Got the tires all mounted this past week, then put them on today. Gave it a wash....man it's dope in person. So much higher that other 100 of ours. Going to have to put the grey one under the knife now too!

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1875.jpeg

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1881.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

Wow, love the outcome

Im surprised at how much rear window visibility you have with a 37” spare . The wheel offset still allows it to tuck up nicely against the truck. Any plans to reinforce the swingout with beefier plates on the interior c pillar ?

Wow, love the outcome

Im surprised at how much rear window visibility you have with a 37” spare . The wheel offset still allows it to tuck up nicely against the truck. Any plans to reinforce the swingout with beefier plates on the interior c pillar ?
The swingout is factory, so completely rock solid. You can swing it out, and stand on top as well. These 37 + wheel, weigh less than the 33" on the grey one....so zero concern.

How did you extend your steering shaft?

How did you extend your steering shaft?
I probably didnt even need to, as I had to cut down the one I got from NZ.

I should have just threw it away, and used someone else’s, as the NZ vendor extension had the locking bevel clocked 90°, so I had to pull my steering wheel to to align.

The guy, Flat Out Offroad, seemed nice enough, but has completely ghosted after I contacted him about his trash ‘kit’. And, you will find another user in here that had the same experience…so twice should be enough for others to stay away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom