2" body lift on low km unmolested JDM 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So got the new ride finally. Shipping has been a task this year, and this one took six months to get to me.

00, cloth interior, heated seats, AHC, body mount spare, no ATRAC, no lockers, 16 000 miles on clock!

So I had a specific wheel I wanted, but it's offset puts it inline with the fender lip. And, I wanted 35" tires. So, body lift, as the AHC was staying no matter what.

Tried to source 4" from Japan, but shops got real weird about selling parts...like they want to keep their lift on the island only, oh well.

So, got a spacer + bolts + steering extension from New Zealand.

Putting in the pucks was pretty easy. Just pull up the carpet in a few spots, pull interior panels, remove seats, front grill, headlights, fender liners, bumper covers, mudflaps.

Things get interesting after the pucks are in though. Now you need to make custom brackets for the a/c condensor, drop the radiator, fit the steering shaft extension, adjust the shifter linkage so you can get your keys out, and lift the front and rear bumper (cut em off, and weld em back on)

Now once it's all done (hopefully tmrw) I can fit my wide offset's with 35", and AHC comfort!

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1485.jpeg

Today was the rear bumper, and finish up brackets.

I hadn’t even looked at the rear yet, but it was pretty easy. Wound up fabbing up a 2” spacer, and provided a higher point to fasten the bumper. May have to do some creative trimming with the cover along the bottom.

Used my facilities to powder the brackets. Base of zinc, then some satin black, and pearly white for the front pieces.

So just the shifter adjust, and some longer lower rad mount bolts with nylocks, as they are underslung now.

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1507.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

I don’t get it, disagree with it, and am interested to keep watching your progress and see the end result.

Thanks for sharing

I don’t get it, disagree with it, and am interested to keep watching your progress and see the end result.

Thanks for sharing
haha, I like the comment. Give me the beans, what don't you like?

I don't like conventional suspension, but like big tires. I don't like 99% of the wheels for our rides (stupid bolt pattern) so the ones I do F with the offset / fenders.

No one does body lifts, it's lots of custom work, it's not a bolt on kit by any stretch, that's what I dig.

I really wanted to do a 4" lift...and now I have nearly completed this one...I would do a 4" for sure! Having a spotless, rust free, basically new vehicle to work on makes it real easy too!

haha, I like the comment. Give me the beans, what don't you like?
Haha I just don’t get why someone would import a 2UZ 100 when they’re plentiful over here

oh, gotcha.

well, 16,000 miles on odo...oem body mount spare...zero rust...zero wear, $16k usd delivered.
also, in Canada....so 15 year import law...and we never had 100's, only lx470's....which have more rust just sitting on the lot...they literally salt everything up here, even the air...then they coat everything else in gravel, and sweep it up for four days per year before putting more back down. It's great.

oh, gotcha.

well, 16,000 miles on odo...oem body mount spare...zero rust...zero wear, $16k usd delivered.
Now I understand. That’s incredible. Great buy

Everything is all bolted back up. All interior back in place. Shift link adjusted, zero issue. And ordered up a transfer lever extension, to return that to OEM height in cab (still function just fine, but sits low).

I would do this again, and even go taller.

Nice work. I have thought about doing that but again, not as simple as doing a lift.

Side question: your left hand front side mirror is that replacement since it is not colour matched? Mine broke off last summer and ordered a new one from Partsouq adn it came in that colour, which matched my vehicle so I didn't need to sand/prime/paint. Thought maybe my VIN gave it an automatic colour code but seeing yours, maybe that is the only colour they come in now?

Nice work. I have thought about doing that but again, not as simple as doing a lift.

Side question: your left hand front side mirror is that replacement since it is not colour matched? Mine broke off last summer and ordered a new one from Partsouq adn it came in that colour, which matched my vehicle so I didn't need to sand/prime/paint. Thought maybe my VIN gave it an automatic colour code but seeing yours, maybe that is the only colour they come in now?
No, it’s pearl white, just dirty. Original part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom