1st RockAuto Order (Front Calipers & Rotors) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I placed my 1st RockAuto order. Picked up a set of loaded calipers and rotors for the 1980 FJ40 front axle rebuild. The rotors have the partial GCX corrosion coating and the calipers come with the gold colored corrosion coating and ceramic pads. I will update this post with actual pics when the parts come in. About $257 including shipping and taxes for corrosion resistant loaded calipers, ceramic pads, and corrosion resistant rotors.....not a bad deal I think.

Rotor Coating Features:
GCX™ Superior protection from rust and corrosion
Double Disc Ground Braking Surface
Fully Machined Hats Centric®
Symmetric Vane Casting
GCX™ rotors feature Elemental Protection™ GEOMET® coating on the friction surface that results in 10% faster pad bed-in while eliminating corrosion rings, as well as full Elemental Protection™ GEOMET® coating on all non-mating surfaces to inhibit rust formation. GCX™ rotors are double disc ground to eliminate DTV issues, and feature OE style vane designs and machined non-friction surfaces to restore OE looks and performance.

rockauto parts.PNG

1578591223271.png

I've ordered from them and have had a very good experience, so far! I might be ordering these very items soon, depending on the shape of the axle I'm looking at is in 🤞Hoping it doesn't need anything!

Received one of the calipers loaded with ceramic pads today. The rotors and other caliper are coming from a different warehouse and are supposed to be here on Thursday so watch for an update with those. Looks really good to me.

1578952539743.JPEG

1578952540068.JPEG

1578952540509.JPEG

1578952541013.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom