1FZ to a H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My land cruiser got hit in the rear end from a guy cornering too fast while I was sitting at a stoplight and insurance wouldn't pay to get it fixed right, so I've had it parked for a couple years now... finally bought a house with a 2 stall to work in, so I starting looking into my options for getting the LC restored (power steering gears are leaking like a sieve, so I needed to look into and weigh options before dumping money into the wrong thing) I still like the idea of a 1fz to a h55, but while looking around here I found that the Aussie's have a kit to mate the 2UZ to a h55 (company named Dellow, its actually for the 1uz but they're pretty much the same engine) I figure if the money is going to be spent, may as well go all the way with a v8. I couple forums on here talk about the VVTi issues... I think thats gonna be the better way to go (though probably not cheap... I love the 2f, but it's too dated and the gas milage is killer, 3f shoulda been a 2f, diesel is just too damn expensive all around and while the 1fz is pretty sweet, may as well go that last 10 inches and do a 2uz, also I want to put a toyota engine into a toyota, call me crazy)

I sourced a H151 Toyota 5 speed manual with bell housing etc etc to go behind a 2UZ (that's where it was in an Aussie 100 series) into my FJ45LV.... that's the plan anyway... It SHOULD be an easier install than the H55... but we shall see...

There you have it right there. There is a parts list towards the bottom covering the variables.
Thought I remembered that some company was supplying this specific bellhousing but couldn’t remember who. Thanks for posting that link!👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom