1fz-fe oil catch can post up your set ups! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
Hey mud I’m working on a oil catch can system and think we could all benefit from seeing what people are running. If you have a working set that actually catches oil and you have to empty it! Than please provide a couple pictures and some detailed information on your install and results. I know there is a lot of brands out there and some that may not work, if your not having to drain it than it’s probably not working. Here is a pic of a Amazon Chinese cheep one I got for $40. Questions I have do I need to put both the breather hoses on the intake trough catch cans or just the pcv? The back side of my throttle body was pretty oily so I assume a lot is getting by the non pcv valve side. Again please provide info if your posting pictures. I will be building a bracket of some sorts. Zip ties are pretty legit but..
Thanks wes

BA80A8EE-8FE7-4389-AAC7-2D64FA87E5A5.png

374B86B3-13F9-4A50-BFF0-1835841E6E97.jpeg

How often do you empty it. Has it been effective in catching oil?
Yes, link to a poll since 2016 w/pics: Oil Catch Can- Anyone Use Them? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-catch-can-anyone-use-them.905057/
I'm collecting ~1/4cup of oil every change from a 270k mi block. PO had replaced head gasket w/ reman head, so assuming mostly from blowby on the block, lesser from valves? This is my arrangement (sorry didn't post earlier, was previously returned to stock for smog inspection):
can-routing.JPG

BTW, Toyota right angle PCV 12204-50020 going to try next. For Toyota pseudo-purist-wannabes like me :geek:. Truthfully dunno about internal differences vs stock if any (TBD same or better results :hillbilly:), these are supposed to be for 4.7L V8 1998-2003:
pcv-toyota.JPG

Mine is just your bog standard cheapo set up. Had to replace the supplied hoses with a quality brand as the vacuum was collapsing them.
Not much oil out yet but the truck has only just passed 154,000 miles so it’s barely run in 😎

1651526160338.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, link to a poll since 2016 w/pics: Oil Catch Can- Anyone Use Them? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-catch-can-anyone-use-them.905057/
I'm collecting ~1/4cup of oil every change from a 270k mi block. PO had replaced head gasket w/ reman head, so assuming mostly from blowby on the block, lesser from valves? This is my arrangement (sorry didn't post earlier, was previously returned to stock for smog inspection):
View attachment 2998307

BTW, Toyota right angle PCV 12204-50020 going to try next. For Toyota pseudo-purist-wannabes like me :geek:. Truthfully dunno about internal differences vs stock if any (TBD same or better results :hillbilly:), these are supposed to be for 4.7L V8 1998-2003:
View attachment 2998309
Mine was set up like this. . excluding the angle PVC of course.

How often do you empty it. Has it been effective in catching oil?
Having a "large" catch can like you have can be emptied when you do an oil change. There isn't that much blow back where there will be a significant amount in there. I'm sure you can go three to four oil changes without it being a 1/4 full.

Subscribed

I just finished mine last week. After a few hundred miles worth of road trips I am starting to see oil on the dipstick of the can so I know it’s doing what it needs to.

FBFC29C5-3947-412E-B27E-82BFBC42D796.jpeg

EC679D41-72CA-4F15-9A16-9F5199A0B4C7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom