1FZ-FE engine with H55f transmission? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I appreciate everyone's interest and thoughts so far....

For accuracy's sake (thanks @beno ), below is our complete and updated list for the OEM part numbers we utilize with our bellhousing adapter.

Flywheel (FZJ70) : 13405-66020
Clutch Disc : 31250-36343
Clutch Cover (PP) : 31210-36330
Slave Cylinder : 31470-60171
Pilot bearing : 90363-15017
Release Fork : 31204-36110
T/O Bearing : 31230-60130

You can substitute with Aisin and such parts elsewhere online.

Furthermore, our latest iteration from The FJ Co utilizes OBD1 Computers intended for M/T applications (non-US). We then attach a H55F using the above mentioned parts, as well as a brand new OEM split case. For the VSS we utilize a 83181-20040 80 series sensor.

This combo proves to be ideal for us. I'm sure the wealth of knowledge on these forums can expand and adapt these parts as they see fit. I'm aware the A/T ECU can easily be tricked into functioning well with this setup, although I don't have the first hand experience provide details. But to me it sounds like you guys already have it figured out.

All of our installs revolve around the 40 series chassis, so there are plenty of extra things to consider for the 80 series.

I'm excited to see our product go into action, if you decide to go this route please post up and show us what you've accomplished!

-Cody
Would the stock H55f Transmission gear lever work for the FJ80 or would I need to get one from an H151f transmission??? Also do I need the Clutch, Brake, Gas, Pedal from an NON US spec FJ80???

The Euro 61 is a LHD so maybe find one thru @joekatana, or maybe Cruiser World in the Netherlands
BJ60’s have a booster for the clutch as do BJ70’s. They did here in Canadian models anyways

FJ62 have them here in Oz... the 70's (75 anyway) have internal boosted clutch which I haven't seen... but parts seem to still be available for a conversion.

Also, I noticed that HZJ73 were a H55F behind the 1HZ, and the FZJ73 had the H151 behind the 1FZ-FE! Is the 1HZ a longer engine?

I am getting parts together to do a conversion on our FJ73... its currently an auto... and although the initial plan was to keep it auto... I have a 80 series for a parts car so was considering using the box/transfer also and converting to manual.

I'm betting it was another awesome idea that had lots of backing buyers, and then the buyers ghosted.

Why is my question?

Simply get a diesel H151 and swap in the 1FZ input and off you go. I was told a year or so ago the 1FZ H151 is now NLA or you could just do that.

Cheers

Not easy or cheap if you're in the USA. We only got autos here.

a new H152, bellhousing, and associated input shaft is less cost then the combo of the late FJCO bellhousing (Which was $1250?) and a new H55 :meh:

And if you are swapping into an 80 would make WAY more sense from an install standpoint

I want a FZ+H55 in a 40.

I believe the H151 is too long?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom