1998 LC Brake booster assembly squeal. Can I use a assembly from a 2000 or newer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I use a brake booster from any year besides a 98-99?
Hi everyone. I have a 98 cruiser with 282k miles. I replaced my assembly with a used one from Ebay only to have it suck too. It squeals from the booster at start up and the buzzer stays on in the cabin for a bit. My ABS and brake light stay on.
Should I replace my whole assembly or have the booster rebuilt? I find these used online often from 2000 and newer. the parts numbers are slightly different.
The original one I pulled from my truck was frozen solid and corroded bad. There was no rebuilding this.
Thanks

I would only use the part number indicated for your truck, especially if buying new. I bit the bullet and replaced with dealer new and it has worked perfectly. I found that junkyards wanted $800 for used, and to me, $1300 for new was a better deal for a long term part that you cannot have fail.

98-99 has three brake lines coming out of it. 00+ has 4 and VSC. New is certainly best.... if you can stomach the cost. But at least it's not $2k+, like it used to be.

98-99 has three brake lines coming out of it. 00+ has 4 and VSC. New is certainly best.... if you can stomach the cost. But at least it's not $2k+, like it used to be.
Thanks. This does not have ATRAC like the new ones.

All booster assemblies are the same. Master with its ABS (black box) unit are not.

Used and remain brake master, are risky and as such can be deadly.

I doubt booster is the squeal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom