Builds 1997 FZJ80 to HDJ80 1HD-FTE + H152F (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright after @TurboDennis updated his thread today I have made the decision to with the H152 5-speed.

SO I NEED SOME HELP

I just know that someone out there has a manual transmission console for a 95-97 LHD 80 series. They were available up until a few years ago. Surely someone out there bought one for a transmission swap that never happened. Well I’m here to offer you a really nice ROI. An even nicer ROI if it’s oak color. I’ll even pay a finders fee. Please help.

Alright after @TurboDennis updated his thread today I have made the decision to with the H152 5-speed.

SO I NEED SOME HELP

I just know that someone out there has a manual transmission console for a 95-97 LHD 80 series. They were available up until a few years ago. Surely someone out there bought one for a transmission swap that never happened. Well I’m here to offer you a really nice ROI. An even nicer ROI if it’s oak color. I’ll even pay a finders fee. Please help.
What’s gonna happen to that really nice automatic?

I’m going to make someone a screaming deal on a 0 mile transmission.

Having the 75,000 miles on the same transmission, the hoarder in me almost wants to buy another one. Honestly, I was in the same boat as you regarding manual versus auto transmissions. Before owning this rig, I had never owned (or desired to own) an auto. But, after driving it (and wheeling it) for so long, I would have to say that the auto might be better. That's just my humble opinion. Either way, your rig is going to be an amazing one of a kind. I love checking up on this thread.

This build is getting better and better. I should've listened to my parents when they told me to study harder in school! LOL

Im glad that you're going with a stick shift. Autos are way too boring to use on anything other than dedicated city commuter.

I may have missed it in your build thread, but was there anything wrong with the FT that you already had in there? Why did you decide to ditch it?

SO I NEED SOME HELP

Quite a few parts for the manual swap went NLA recently. Clutch pedal among them.

Going to change the suspension to a fully hydraulic set up along with some air bags so John can go and bounce this truck with the other low riders in Miami. 😁

B86E4FBD-A8AB-4374-8F07-4A1F941E6E40.jpeg
28AC457F-5DA3-49E0-838B-38C594E1053F.jpeg
6A3A488A-6F72-4E7F-8584-372A8A8C11CA.jpeg
756BA567-0BDC-4DC7-A91D-63241AC724DB.jpeg
364BE278-48C4-40ED-8B9C-88F7580B95C4.jpeg

Cheers

Okay here is the transmission for sale link:

I’m still looking for that center console. Gray is fine.

Thrashlux received the wiring harness and ECU from my truck yesterday. He has two other harnesses in front of mine but he will soon start the process of merging the HDJ79 harness into my FZJ80 harness to make this into a suitable harness for our purposes.

OH MY GOOD LORD

Aside from the color...yes. Color is pretty nauseating honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom