1997 40th Rollover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the deep snow really “pillowed” the roll.

IDK if it’s just the light, but the roof skin in front the sunroof looks a little potato chipped, but for a full rollover those pillars and glass all look better than a Summer rollover.

Best of luck on the 80 - and obviously that neither were injured in the deal.

With those mods at very worst I hope you get another body if not repairable to your standards & swap it all to another.

Definitely post up a for sale thread if u get rid of the roofrack, sunroof....or wife. Pics would help if theres damage to any of those. ;)

Parts FS threads are understandable.

But we all know the reason divorce is so expensive........they’re WORTH IT!!!!!

You can’t pay someone to take an ex.

Glad everyone is unharmed. Once you get the 80 fixed back up this will be and endless source of mocking for your wife until the end of time.

The Prinsu looks like it may have survived quite well also. I know the snowy conditions were the cause of the accident, but the snow was also a huge blessing by minimizing damage in the soft stuff.

As you know, things can be fixed and replaced. Loved ones can't. Glad those involved are ok. Surprisingly low amount of damage from what can be seen in the pics. Here's hoping for the best.

Good to hear everyone’s O.K. I hope that truck didn’t dent the mountain, the DNR’ll charge you for repairs.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that will all buff/pop out.
Congrats on justifying all future cruiser purchases with the wife. If safety doesn't make a great justification for the 80....

Great that you had her in that in place of something else... That's good on you.

It's back up on all fours. Tow truck driver did a cursory look underneath and assesses its good to drive...at least the 10 miles or so into breck. prinsu rack is bent and looks like the drip rail molding was ripped off. so far, nothing too catastrophic. rack is getting ratchet strapped to the roof and the wife is driving into town. Should know how it goes here shortly.

IMG_7865.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7863.jpg

In the first pic, looks like the prinsu rack got pushed into the roof just about the drivers window. so...straighten the rack out and put the gutter mount back on. maybe no one will notice?

Pretty sure that will all buff/pop out.

haha, was waiting for that mud classic. thanks. just disappointed it took until page 2

Wow!

Win-win, from pics it looks best case scenario for the rollover, and you have lifetime leverage for Cruiser purchases just buy starting a sentence with -

“You know babe, it’s just never driven the same since......”

Wow! Win-win, from pics it looks best case scenario for the rollover, and you have lifetime leverage for Cruiser purchases just buy starting a sentence with -

“You know babe, it’s just never driven the same since......”

In her defense, when i put the lift on it she said the 33s look small. When i put 35s on it, she said, "should we have gone with 37s?" Def a keeper.

It's back up on all fours. Tow truck driver did a cursory look underneath and assesses its good to drive...at least the 10 miles or so into breck. prinsu rack is bent and looks like the drip rail molding was ripped off. so far, nothing too catastrophic. rack is getting ratchet strapped to the roof and the wife is driving into town. Should know how it goes here shortly.

View attachment 1853569

View attachment 1853570

View attachment 1853571
Pull the plugs and blow the oil out of the cylinders before you drive it!

:clap::clap::clap:

Pull the plugs and blow the oil out of the cylinders before you drive it!

too late. The wife is just doing a short drive to the hotel. When i get out there in the am, i am going to do a full run through to ensure she is tip top before the 90 mile drive home. i'll put that on the to do list though. Thanks for the advice and kind words Adam.

too late. The wife is just doing a short drive to the hotel. When i get out there in the am, i am going to do a full run through to ensure she is tip top before the 90 mile drive home. i'll put that on the to do list though. Thanks for the advice and kind words Adam.

Well, if it's already running, the point is moot.

Was able to do a FaceTime and see some of the vehicle at the carwash. windows roll up and down and all the panel gaps look straight. some dings and dents here and there. looks like the prinsu has a pretty significant bend about halfway on the p/s gutter mount. may not be able to straighten that out. The wife mentioned that the transmission does not shift as easily from P to Drive and back. It still goes into gear and drives normal, just the shifter itself. Not sure if something could have happened to the linkage? Maybe some snowpack could be binding the mechanism?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom