For Sale 1994 FZJ80 Unicorn - Factory lockers and under 150K miles! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately I have to part with Greta (an appropriate name for this steadfast beefy cruiser), since my other FJ40 project has gone way over budget and I am getting daily earloads from the wife on why do we need 3 Land Cruisers!

Greta is what I would call a unicorn, one of the rare FZJ80's with factory front and rear lockers, unadulterated, while still under 150k miles. It is precisely this reason why I jumped on buying her and planned on turning her into a dedicated trail rig. I am the third owner. She is a Southern California car, who according to the previous owner, saw only highway time except for some surf trips to Mexico. Being a SoCal cruiser, she has virtually no rust (some surface rust on the tow hitch and surface rust on a ding on the inside of the tailgate). The downside of all our sun down here is it is not exactly kind on dark-green paint. So at some point, I had planned on giving Greta a paint job as her clear coat has seen better days. She has a ding on her right rear quarter panel and fender, but I was planning on just popping it out and fixing the ding on the tailgate when I got her painted, as they are fairly minor. I was also going to replace the fender flare gaskets, as they have seen too much sun too. Other known issues are the AC does not work (i think she needs a new compressor, but have not tested it) and the black window trim on the driver's side windows between the window and the door is cracking.

In terms of upgrades, I just installed a brand new custom Baja rack ($1k) and Pioneer touchscreen stereo with backup camera. The previous owner got rid of the power seats in the front to gain more leg room (you get two more inches) and drop some weight, and put in non-leather FJ80 seats. Besides that, Greta is pretty much stock. Greta sits on nice BF Goodrich's with good tread. Since I have owned her, I have only run her on synthetic oil. In terms of maintenance, I have recently replaced a leaky valve cover, did an engine flush, replaced spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor, and put in new front rotors and brakes.

I was driving Greta daily, and she drives exactly like she should. I am sad to see her go. I am asking $8,000. Feel free to contact me for more pictures or questions. Greta is located in San Diego, CA. Thanks for looking! Paul

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Yup tons of flippers in socal.

I guess I can't blame them, but just thought she was going to a good home!

She very well might, just at a much higher price.

Yup tons of flippers in socal.
you can say that again. cant get in to see anything decent before its sold and reappears a bit later.

for that price they should definitely fix the paint before listing. Also, had you done that to the rims/wheels? Or did the flipper? If the flipper, what an odd use of their time/resources to paint the wheels when they could have fixed the oxidized paint on the bumper and lift gate.

Call the guy up and offer him 8k. That should be entertaining. In reality, it's not worth 15k. The paint is faded on the hood, that's 1k to fix. The front seats don't match the rear and the rear leather is all cracked. That's like 1500 to fix. Bumpers are all scratched. I don't know why people think lockers add tons of value. The oem locking differentials are likely aged and don't work near as well as they used too. Might as well buy a unlocked 80 and put some instant engaging arb lockers in the diffs. They are far stronger anyway. Not trying to bash this 80, but it is what it is, a decent old landcruiser. It's not the hottest girl at the dance by far.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you on the price and condition issues. She did have low miles and everything worked pretty much, including the lockers, but she still needed cosmetic work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom