SOLD 1992 HDJ80 LHD Fully overland prepped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD***

Hi,

My wife and I have been on a PanAmerican overland adventure as our honeymoon for the past 9 months starting in Urugay and travelling North. We plan to end our adventure by the end of September in the US and we'll sell our HDJ80 there.
The full description (including lots of high res pics and video's) and the complete add can be found on our blog

Below are just the essentials:

06/1992 HDJ80 (1-HDT engine - 4.2 L Straight 6 Turbo Diesel) LHD Toyota Land Cruiser
Fully overland prepped
Estimated mileage by September 2017: 228k miles
Condition: "is that car 25 years old?!" kind of beautiful
Price: USD 27 500 - this price is including import duty and custom clearance.

Contact if interested: ideally via our blog, or PM me.

HDJ80-10.jpg

HDJ80-3.jpg

HDJ80-9.jpg

1992-HDJ80-Toyota-Landcruiser-Interior-5.jpg

1992-HDJ80-Toyota-Landcruiser-Interior-13.jpg

1992-HDJ80-Toyota-Landcruiser-Interior-37.jpg

1992-HDJ80-Toyota-Landcruiser-Interior-61.jpg

1992-HDJ80-Toyota-Landcruiser-Interior-62.jpg

Again: lots and lots more pics, details and video's on our blog: DREAM FOR SALE: 1992 HDJ80 LHD fully overland prepped Toyota Land Cruiser - Global Honeymoon | Two newlyweds travelling across the Americas in a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser AND Meet Suzy, our 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ80 overlanding hero - Global Honeymoon | Two newlyweds travelling across the Americas in a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser

Best regards,

Sarah & Dimitri

Last edited:
To be perfectly clear:
- right now (July, 30th) we are in Mexico and plan on travelling here for 2 more months (give or take a month).
- When arriving in the US, I'll import the car (clear customs & pay import duty) in order to be able to sell it legally in the USA.

As it got 25 years old last June this should not be a problem :)

Last edited:
Sweet rig for sure!

What kind of fuel mileage did you get on your trip?

When you are getting to the US?

Whose the mfg of the bumpers?
Sorry for my English, but I suppose mfg = manufacturer? :)

I don't know as I bought it second hand and as far as I can tell, there's no brand marked on it. My best guess is (a copy of) an ARB bumper (like this one). Can't find a picture with the same chrome hoop in the front from ARB, but the bottom part looks very much alike so I'm guessing a copy/mash-up. Do you have any ideas?

Sorry for my English, but I suppose mfg = manufacturer? :)

I don't know as I bought it second hand and as far as I can tell, there's no brand marked on it. My best guess is (a copy of) an ARB bumper (like this one). Can't find a picture with the same chrome hoop in the front from ARB, but the bottom part looks very much alike so I'm guessing a copy/mash-up. Do you have any ideas?
I think you are right about them being Chinese copies of TJM/ARB.

First of all congrats! I travel to Ghent almost every year for work and recently got to visit Antwerp. Happy trails to the U.S.! What port of entry will you be coming through?
Hey LockedCollector,

Make sure to visit 'Het Zuid' (close to the Museum of Modern Art and the new Palace of Justice) when you're in Antwerp! That's where we used to live and will be looking for an appartment again when back to Belgium, super cosy with lots of bars and restaurants :)

We shipped our Suzy (our LC) from Antwerp, Belgium to Montevideo, Uruguay 9 months ago, and again from Cartagena, Colombia to Colon, Panama to pass the Darien Gap, but entiring the US will be by road. We arrived in Mexico yesterday and plan on spending roughly two more months in the country before entering the US. When and where exactly is one big question mark as we never plan much in advance ;)

I think you are right about them being Chinese copies of TJM/ARB.

In Europe there are not as many Chinese accessories available ,I think these might be Ironman bumpers made in Australia.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom