Builds 1988 BJ74 “Number 1” (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple Glamour shots.

FBF91FB6-7D62-4DD3-8232-E6706D5C26DA.jpeg
AECE4B23-820C-4C21-95E5-1C85E3A31C42.jpeg

Going to do some soft-top install/review.

These are the pieces that go above doors and attach windshield frame to roll hoop. All pieces are powdercoated/painted black. It's not the thickest powder/paint, but it will work. I'm trying to decide if I paint the matching white or not. Their method of attaching the top is using velcro as opposed to the OEM style rivot/post mounting.

I'm not sure which one will be better, as I don't have both to compare. Worst case, I can always rebuild a top back to the factory style with the post/grommet.
You have to take the rear rubber seal of of the current piece, and put in on the softtop piece.

B8B0DE49-89D1-4B23-B7ED-6D999845CA0D.jpeg

5F0D8387-1220-407D-99D6-1667307E53CC.jpeg

695C4A37-2A1D-4C3E-9EFD-D119F29E4161.jpeg

You can see it has the rain gutter. This will hold a roof rack better than the FRP gutters.
3ACE70D4-FA9E-4511-AE7A-8AC12BF68484.jpeg

Do your rear doors have removeable windows/glass?

Do your rear doors have removeable windows/glass?

nope :confused:

it is my understanding that no OEM softops made it to Australia. I remember a few users saying they have never seen a softop in a brochure for Australia.

you get all the cool cruisers there, 12 volt, but no factory soft tops. I believe there might have been some bunderas that came soft top, but those aren’t “really” land cruisers 😂 I’m kidding.

I'm asking because I have chopped rear doors now with no upper glass.
My current custom soft top is great but as time passes I know I will need to replace it.

I'm asking because I have chopped rear doors now with no upper glass.
My current custom soft top is great but as time passes I know I will need to replace it.

I know they can make whatever option you want, but it might be just as easy to go to a boat/canvas shop and get that done. I'm on the look for 1/2 doors, but not a big rush.

What soft top setup is on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom